Rhode V Kilmacud

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

Rhode V Kilmacud

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Well Folks, Crokes are hot favourites @4/9 with Rhode @ 9/4, if the bookies are right it should be a cakewalk. Rhode were up in Parnell Park on Sathurday for a look around, good planning by Coffey. It will be interesting to see who replaces Shane?? I expect Rhode to win a tight game.
Be careful out their

bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: Rhode V Kilmacud

Post by bracknaghboy »

Odds of 4/9 do not suggest a cakewalk. In fact it means the bookies think Kilmacud will win by 2 points. I expect Rhode to win myself so taking them +2 is that way to go. The only concern I have is that they might put in a poor performance....it has happened in the past on the big stage. However I feel Coffey is too well clued in to allow a complete blow out also McNamee is currently operating on a different planet to any of the Kilmacud forwards. Yeah so all things considered I think Rhode to win by a very narrow margin.

mykneehurts
County player

Post by mykneehurts »

Rhode are 9/2 in bookies in Dublin! Crazy! I've been living up here for five years and I can't see anything in Crokes for Rhode to fear. I'd expect Rhode to win, not sure by how much though

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

some pre match banter over on the dubs forum

http://www.reservoirdubs.com

Rhode lads wont like it...There wondering how shane sullivan is always being sent off?
Contae an Riogh

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

Rhode
I've added question marks after the names of those i expect to struggle
Colm Masterson
Declan Murphy :?: Hardly capable of containing Brian Kavanagh?
Joe Kilmurray
Brian Darby
Ciaran Heavey :?:
Shane Sullivan (who will replace him???)
Eoghan Byrne
Pauric Sullivan :?:
Alan McNamee
Niall Darby
Roy Malone
Glen O'Connell :?:
Anton Sullivan
Paschal Kellaghan
Niall McNamee

Subs: David Hope
Garrett Hickey :?:
Paul Glennon :?:
Josh Kavanagh

Rhodes inability outside Leinster I beleive boils down to their subs bench. Its hard to beleive that after winning seven under 21s in a row (they might as well give them the cup again this year) they are so limited.

If you look at the Crokes team that won the first round against Celbridge and the team that beat Navan, they have great subs and players to move around
Last edited by Coolestown1562 on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contae an Riogh

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

To Coolestown 1562, just a quickie, when is the last time you have seen Rhode playing????
Be careful out their

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

naasmanxrhode wrote:To Coolestown 1562, just a quickie, when is the last time you have seen Rhode playing????
Why? :?
Contae an Riogh

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Why not??
Be careful out their

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

naasmanxrhode wrote:To Coolestown 1562, just a quickie, when is the last time you have seen Rhode playing????
Do you mean on the field of play or from the stands/terrace. Because i could give you either answer
Contae an Riogh

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

i think rhode will win by 2 or 3 points . it wont be easy no team goes to parnell park to face dublin opposition and get it easy i just hope its a strong ref who wont be swayed by partisan home crowd . best of luck lads .
great history hoping for a better future

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Coolestown1562 wrote:
Do you mean on the field of play or from the stands/terrace. Because i could give you either answer
Ok both please
Be careful out their

Coolestown1562
Senior

Post by Coolestown1562 »

Horse, come down off your 'Seat of King's' for a minute there. I voiced genuine concerns there about a number of weak players on the Rhode team. Pride in the jersey may be enough to carry them over the line on Sunday, but there are inherent weaknesses in the team- maybe you cant see it. Blind faith and all
Contae an Riogh

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Coolestown1562 wrote:Horse, come down off your 'Seat of King's' for a minute there. I voiced genuine concerns there about a number of weak players on the Rhode team. Pride in the jersey may be enough to carry them over the line on Sunday, but there are inherent weaknesses in the team- maybe you cant see it. Blind faith and all
I can see clearly. You did not answer the question, also why do you not rate Pauraic Sullivan???. He's been outstanding for Rhode in the last 3 games, must be the fittest man left in this competition.
Be careful out their

mykneehurts
County player

Post by mykneehurts »

Kavanagh will probably be playing centre forward and is not playing the best he's ever played. Don't think he is Rhode's biggest threat.

redser
County player

Post by redser »

Kavanagh has played on half forward line alright but he was positioned in the corner for the county final replay.

I fear for Rhode in Midfield, Super struggled against the McGees the last time they met which was the difference and I can see him struggling again as Darren McGee is playing very well. Rhode would do well to keep him out of the game.

Ive seen a bit of Kilmacud this year and they are a big tall physical side all over the pitch, suited to winter football. While Kavanagh and Vaughan get alot of the headlines, that will play corner or full and is quiet dangerous. very quick with ball in haand and heads straight for goal. Fermanagh county player Liam McBarron will line out around wing forward but hes a big lad who'll be used around midfield and on kick outs. Kilmacuds defence is quiet solid with county players Griffin, Nolan both Dubs and Adrian Morrisey who had a great year with Wexford playing wing back. Cian O' Sullivan who was suspended is a tight marker and he'll possibly come into their team aswell.

Johnny McGee has been used from the bench mostly being launched in at full forward. A tactic that got them two goals in the county final.

Rhode are better footballers, skill wise as a whole but i think at this time of year they will struggle against a physically strong and very very cock Kilmacud team. Im living in Dublin and the dubs are talking some amount of rubbish. Trust me they dont respect Rhode a bit and expect a handy win.

Best of luck Rhode, the whole of Offaly and id say Leinster is behind ye.