U/21 V Kilkenny goes ahead

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

U/21 V Kilkenny goes ahead

Post by naasmanxrhode »

This match goes ahead in Tullamore on Wednesday night with a 7.30 throw in. The senior match is on Sat at 5.00. I feel that the u/21 match going ahead is no bad thing as the lads who played senior will be cockahoop and raring to go. what we need now is the faithfull folowing to decend on O'Connor Park in their droves on Wednesday night and put the fear of god into Kilkenny.
Be careful out their

azoffaly
All Star

Re: U/21 V Kilkenny goes ahead

Post by azoffaly »

I think this is disgraceful. How can lads be asked to play 3 games in 7 days? Fucking ridiculous is what it is. So much for trying to help the likes of Offaly get back on our feet.
Shane Gavin. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Treasurer
All Star

Post by Treasurer »

Whole thing is a joke. 5pm in Thurles and 7pm in Tullamore!! I honestly didn't think they'd do it, more fool me.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Treasurer wrote:Whole thing is a joke. 5pm in Thurles and 7pm in Tullamore!! I honestly didn't think they'd do it, more fool me.
They wouldn't do it to Cork, Galway, Dublin and that's certain.

Offalys Future
All Star

Post by Offalys Future »

county board has to fight this.
Full concentration should be put on next saturdays game.
" In The Presence Of Confidence Doubt Cannot Exist "

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

naasmanxrhode wrote:I feel that the u/21 match going ahead is no bad thing as the lads who played senior will be cockahoop and raring to go.
That may be true & the under 21s should be able to perform pretty near the maximum but what about those on the senior team 3 days later. I think it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to repeat anywhere near the intensity levels shown against Limerick with just 3 days rest. Its a joke. What in the name of god are Offaly county Board doing !?
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

this is an absolute scandal if true. These players, this county is being treated like dirt. Talk about player welfare/health/burnout is total and utter bullcrap. I can image Ned Quinn and Nickey Brennen have good ould chuckle to themselves as we speak.Serious consideration should be given to pulling out in protest.

beirut
All Star

Post by beirut »

Didn't see them mentioning anything about Wednesdays U21 game on the Sunday Game last night, but no doubt if they did it would have been flagged and it would have been postponed! If only Michael Duignan was on the panel last night. :(

Bord na Mona man
All Star

uibhfhaili wrote:I can image Ned Quinn and Nickey Brennen have good ould chuckle to themselves as we speak.Serious consideration should be given to pulling out in protest.
Two gas men all right.
Hurling development my hole!

Treasurer
All Star

Post by Treasurer »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
Treasurer wrote:Whole thing is a joke. 5pm in Thurles and 7pm in Tullamore!! I honestly didn't think they'd do it, more fool me.
They wouldn't do it to Cork, Galway, Dublin and that's certain.
With such a small band of supporters I guess it won't cost the GAA too much if they split us! Ripping!

BUFFALO
County player

Post by BUFFALO »

The county board are notoriously flaky,so I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any fixture rearranged.
But,they have to stand their ground,present a sound argument and hope for the best.

athlumneyboy
County player

Post by athlumneyboy »

i will be going to Thurles better game then to get a good look at Galway have two corporate box tickets for Minor Final Sunday.

It's not the County boards fault Leinster council granted a re fixture but when Nicky Brennan got wind the match had to go ahead. i think this will suit Offaly the lads are raring to go.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

if this does go ahead, and on all known form the Offaly reps are always seen as a soft touch when it comes to such matters, I presume Joe Dooley will have to pull the four seniors from the U21 team or else play them in the u21 and not pick them in the senior. I mean playing 3 serious championship games in that short period carries a health risk. If they play Wednesday they simply could have the energy to play again Saturday. TRhe more I think about the more scandalist the decision seems. Serious thought should be given to not fielding as a protest. Offaly have right on there side.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

athlumneyboy wrote:i will be going to Thurles better game then to get a good look at Galway have two corporate box tickets for Minor Final Sunday.

It's not the County boards fault Leinster council granted a re fixture but when Nicky Brennan got wind the match had to go ahead. i think this will suit Offaly the lads are raring to go.
We should use this to fire us on.
I love if we got one up on Nickey "(Kilkenny) hurling development" Brennan and his cronies.

uibhfhaili
County player

Post by uibhfhaili »

athlumneyboy wrote:i will be going to Thurles better game then to get a good look at Galway have two corporate box tickets for Minor Final Sunday.

thats a v serious allegation. If this is true it bring the whole of the GAA into disrepute.I really do hope the Offaly rep show some backbone in all of this.