Offaly Senior Football Team - Championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Re: Offaly Senior Football Team - Championship 2023

Post by Superhans75 »

I have enjoyed the football this year we have improved
But a lot more needs addressing.
Let's give the Cavan game a good go and we might get them riled.we will need a bit of luck physical wise
But you never know !!
Enjoy the Sun 🌞

Behindthegoal
Junior A
Club: Ballinagar

Post by Behindthegoal »

As pointed out in a previous post up front was a shambles the last day, watched Rhode and Ferbane in the league on Friday Aaron Kellaghan kicked some great scores Cian Johnson scored 1-5 two young lads who committed to the training this year but we’re cast aside and now we are only carrying 28 players absolutely criminal in my opinion couldn’t blame them if decided not to go in next year if asked. Couldn’t be any worse than what’s out there at the moment

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Not one for criticising BTG, the two lads mentioned "we're cast aside" - guessing your not one....AK left panel of his own accord, had injury problems and thought was best heading back to club and rehabilitate there. Scored a lovely point but apart from that and possibly a lovely piece of fielding which the referee deemed was illegal he was somewhat anonymous and preferred to partake in a sledging game with spectators. CJ was given every opportunity with Liam but didn't want to put in the hard graft - door was left open to him. Played really well on Friday , kicked some great scores, but IMO is still a wee bit off the level of fitness that is required at inter county level. If he continues to put in the hard graft - no doubt he will be an integral part of the team going forward

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

One ferbane man that stood out in hurling and football last year was cathal flynn not sure what happened , I don't know what he had to do to make the team last year he played well everytime he came on and still couldn't get a start , I'm sure there's a good few that should be playing but aren't ,

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

G91 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:53 am One ferbane man that stood out in hurling and football last year was cathal flynn not sure what happened , I don't know what he had to do to make the team last year he played well everytime he came on and still couldn't get a start , I'm sure there's a good few that should be playing but aren't ,
If Flynn was on the panel this year I think he would have featured in all the championship games. Even if he's not yet a starter, he's a great bench option. The Meath and Louth games were set up for him to have an impact.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

Hyper wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 am Not one for criticising BTG, the two lads mentioned "we're cast aside" - guessing your not one....AK left panel of his own accord, had injury problems and thought was best heading back to club and rehabilitate there. Scored a lovely point but apart from that and possibly a lovely piece of fielding which the referee deemed was illegal he was somewhat anonymous and preferred to partake in a sledging game with spectators. CJ was given every opportunity with Liam but didn't want to put in the hard graft - door was left open to him. Played really well on Friday , kicked some great scores, but IMO is still a wee bit off the level of fitness that is required at inter county level. If he continues to put in the hard graft - no doubt he will be an integral part of the team going forward
100% agree with this

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Only seeing this now, FFS, back to Longford for a 3rd trip, lovely people but Lord above

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hyper wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:05 am Not one for criticising BTG, the two lads mentioned "we're cast aside" - guessing your not one....AK left panel of his own accord, had injury problems and thought was best heading back to club and rehabilitate there. Scored a lovely point but apart from that and possibly a lovely piece of fielding which the referee deemed was illegal he was somewhat anonymous and preferred to partake in a sledging game with spectators. CJ was given every opportunity with Liam but didn't want to put in the hard graft - door was left open to him. Played really well on Friday , kicked some great scores, but IMO is still a wee bit off the level of fitness that is required at inter county level. If he continues to put in the hard graft - no doubt he will be an integral part of the team going forward
You’re always very in the know when it comes to the senior footballers, Hyper. Do you get your info from a player, management or a board member?

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

A1, I go to alot of games throughout the year, both club and county and keep the ears open

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Hyper wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:10 am A1, I go to alot of games throughout the year, both club and county and keep the ears open
That doesn’t explain how you know the starting 15 on Friday nights just after the team would’ve been told…

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Superhans75
All Star
Club: Birr

Post by Superhans75 »

Is it me or is a certain former cork gas player
Even the hair is spot on
I won't go any further because it's hole you can't dig yourself out off lol 😃.
Mickey Harte is Oscar the grouch
Davey Fitz the cookie monster has the eyes .
Marty Morrissey the Count !
No make up needed
1.2.3 paychecks from all my jobs lol 👍😃😆

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Superhans75 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:42 pm Is it me or is a certain former cork gas player
Even the hair is spot on
I won't go any further because it's hole you can't dig yourself out off lol 😃.
Mickey Harte is Oscar the grouch
Davey Fitz the cookie monster has the eyes .
Marty Morrissey the Count !
No make up needed
1.2.3 paychecks from all my jobs lol 👍😃😆
WTF?

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Best of luck to the lads and mgt tomorrow.

Good to see Jordan Hayes back and Panda as well, be a big ask tomorrow, but a game to get set up for a rattle at a quarter final anyway.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

It's a free shot at cavan , build on whatever the result may be

It's a serious effort to keep going fair play to the team and management

I'd love to see them reach the final be a fantastic achievement unfortunately a long way to go yet before that's decided

I think with all the hype with the hurling it's tough on the football