Club Hurling championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
User avatar
Lone Shark
All Star
Posts: 5288
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:21 pm
Club: Ferbane
Location: Back Home!
Contact:

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Lone Shark » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:02 pm

This Saturday, 1pm start in OCP against Kildalkey, Meath senior champions.

Looks like a very tough one to call on paper. Seir Kieran beat these quite well two years ago, but Clodiagh Gaels mightn't quite be at that level, while by all accounts Kildalkey have got stronger since then.

Clara, Shamrocks and Clonbullogue are all out this weekend as well.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by kingscounty » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Shamrocks with a big win, anyone at the game? Score suggests very one sided all game long

SearingDrive
All Star
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by SearingDrive » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:58 pm

Lone Shark wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:02 pm
This Saturday, 1pm start in OCP against Kildalkey, Meath senior champions.

Looks like a very tough one to call on paper. Seir Kieran beat these quite well two years ago, but Clodiagh Gaels mightn't quite be at that level, while by all accounts Kildalkey have got stronger since then.

Clara, Shamrocks and Clonbullogue are all out this weekend as well.
Clodiagh Gaels came through by a point today, 1-14 to 1-13 according to the Offaly.ie website. The Gaels were behind at the break, and played with 14 men for most of the game.
A good day for Offaly sides, with all clubs winning their matches.

private joker
All Star
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by private joker » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:31 pm

I think every team bar coolderry and birr are looking for new mgt next year in senior A. Not sure about shinrone.

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by frankthetank » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:05 pm

That post raises a lot of thoughts.

1.Is Ken Hogan is stepping down after the Leinster club championship??

2. That win vs St Rynagh’s saved Brendan Bugler’s bacon I’d say. Although seemingly players were very happy with him and training was top class by all accounts.

3. Paul Murphy is leaving Killeigh after guiding them to promotion?

4. Surely Trevor Fletcher will do a 2nd year with Shinrone. There’s potential there.

5. Ollie Baker had a very disappointing campaign with Belmont on what I presume is a hefty fee. Unsurprisingly not getting a 2nd year if above post is true.

6. Kinnitty manager is staying on seemingly.

7, Clareen players will be glad to see back of Seamus Gleason. Had a poor rapport with players, strange selection calls and was never as popular as previous manager Dan Hackett.

8. Not reaching a county final in K/K doesn’t really cut the mustard anymore.

User avatar
bracknaghboy
All Star
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:09 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by bracknaghboy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:26 pm

Oil up the volunteering merry-go-round lads :lol:
"Cause she's still preoccupied with 19, 19, 1985"

Henry1
Junior C
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Henry1 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Ballinamere?

kingscounty
All Star
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:42 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by kingscounty » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am

Bugler linked with Clare under 20 roll,

Toxicity234
All Star
Posts: 846
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Toxicity234 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:28 am

Haven't post since before the Senior county Final.
Just wanted to say congrats to Ryangh and Ken Hogan 3 in row is huge for any club.
And Coolderry for their brilliant season.
To Clodiagh Gaels for getting to Senior A.

I really hope Ryangh's give an account of themselves against Ballyhale. They haven't been good the last few time which is not a fair reflection as this team.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Fairplayalways
All Star
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Fairplayalways » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Most will agree its very hard to see anything other than a Ballyhale win against Rynaghs on Sunday. Home advantage in Tullamore will be of benefit and this Rynaghs team when firing on all cylynders can put in a very strong performance. Maybe Ryaghs need a team like Ballyhale is what Rynaghs need as such so as they know nothing less than a great performance wont get them close here. That sadi Mount Leinter Rangers did put it up to Ballyhale last weekend, and this time of year hurling will be of little worry to Rynaghs who can adjust to the conditions with more ease than most. Ballyhale do appear to have the consistent scoring threat and should get enough scores to win here (I wont say win well) Rynaghs are underdogs and have nothing to loose by giving this a good rattle on Sunday, it may not be enough though I think, and Ballyhale should on form win by a few points...surely Rynaghs wont cause an upset here?

Fairplayalways
All Star
Posts: 539
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:12 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by Fairplayalways » Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:57 pm

kingscounty wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:18 am
Bugler linked with Clare under 20 roll,
interesting to see how he would go a second year in Birr, we may not find out now...

SearingDrive
All Star
Posts: 944
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by SearingDrive » Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:38 pm

Fairplayalways wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:55 pm
Most will agree its very hard to see anything other than a Ballyhale win against Rynaghs on Sunday. Home advantage in Tullamore will be of benefit and this Rynaghs team when firing on all cylynders can put in a very strong performance. Maybe Ryaghs need a team like Ballyhale is what Rynaghs need as such so as they know nothing less than a great performance wont get them close here. That sadi Mount Leinter Rangers did put it up to Ballyhale last weekend, and this time of year hurling will be of little worry to Rynaghs who can adjust to the conditions with more ease than most. Ballyhale do appear to have the consistent scoring threat and should get enough scores to win here (I wont say win well) Rynaghs are underdogs and have nothing to loose by giving this a good rattle on Sunday, it may not be enough though I think, and Ballyhale should on form win by a few points...surely Rynaghs wont cause an upset here?
Ballyhale may have too much for Rynagh’s on Sunday. It would be great if the Banagher men caused an upset. We live in hope.

private joker
All Star
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by private joker » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 pm

See clodaigh gaels are considering not entering football teams next year.

frankthetank
All Star
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by frankthetank » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:52 pm

private joker wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 pm
See clodaigh gaels are considering not entering football teams next year.
2017 Senior Hurling Championship campaign still fresh in the memory so!

private joker
All Star
Posts: 574
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Club Hurling championship

Post by private joker » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:55 pm

Looks that way. They are obviously serious about their hurling if they want to go down this route.

Post Reply