Offaly Under 20s hurling 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Doon Exile
All Star

Re: Offaly Under 20s hurling 2024

Post by Doon Exile »

G91 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:13 pm With ravenhill out

Who will replace him

Connor grennan from ferbane comes to mind he was captain of the offaly schools

He's a big and tough and was rumoured to be on this pannel but seemingly walked away ?
Conor Grennan was the captain for the Gallen community team that won the football ireland.
Doon exile....

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

G91 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm I must have mixed him up with something else he didn't start on that team either way was he rumoured to be on the under 20 pannel

I thought he'd be a good shout aswel big physical isn't something offaly has in vast numbers
Conor was brought into the panel but unsure if he’s still part of it.

Surely Daniel Hand should be part of the list ready to step in for Ravenhill?

Also does anybody know when or if Cillian Martin will be back?

chimbonda
County player

Post by chimbonda »

Anonymous1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:46 pm
G91 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm I must have mixed him up with something else he didn't start on that team either way was he rumoured to be on the under 20 pannel

I thought he'd be a good shout aswel big physical isn't something offaly has in vast numbers
Conor was brought into the panel but unsure if he’s still part of it.

Surely Daniel Hand should be part of the list ready to step in for Ravenhill?

Also does anybody know when or if Cillian Martin will be back?
Cillian Martin has played for Tullamore in the 1st 2 rounds of the senior hurling league.

Faithfully
Junior A

Post by Faithfully »

Conor Doyle back. Marcus Dalton straight into the match day squad.
Attachments
20240507_221132.jpg
20240507_221132.jpg (255.38 KiB) Viewed 1093 times

G91
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

It's a lovely day so far the weather holds up I'd be expecting a massive crowd

Looking foward to the game

JohnnyBoy24
Junior B

Post by JohnnyBoy24 »

Game on the tg4 live stream gaa youtube for anyone away

joey1001
All Star

Post by joey1001 »

Good professional first half, time to call some lads ashore and let lads come in and get game time and see out the job 😊

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Job done. Lots of positives, a couple of negatives. Apart from the first ten minutes of second half, Offaly on cruise control throughout.

Good crowd there.

Does anyone know who and where we are playing next Wednesday? If Dublin beat Wexford, would it be Offaly and Dublin in a draw to see who plays KK or Galway. Any chance of it in Tullamore?
Doon exile....

Faithfully
Junior A

Post by Faithfully »

Galway would be neutral venue as I don't believe they are granted any home games at underage level.

Re Kilkenny, I'm not sure if we have a home/away agreement at the grade. If not, then I'd imagine they as #1 seeds will have home advantage.

Buttons
All Star
Club: Club

Post by Buttons »

After the first 2-3 minutes there was only going to be one winner. Next week is going to be massive and another step up.

I think we missed Dan and will even more depending on how far they go, this is from when a team gets a run on us who do you puck it out to and also a couple of frees slightly out.

Lastly it’s hard to say there were negatives after winning by 16 points but then this is a special team. Once again well done and this match will stand to them next week

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Following tonight's results we can be fairly sure we will be hurling in Portlaoise next Wednesday evening one way or the other.

Yes the #1 seeds have home advantage but as you quite rightly stated Galway aren't entitled to any home games so if we draw them that will be brought to a neutral venue.

And if we draw Kilkenny I'd be pretty confident TG4 will want to show it live (provision is in the U20 fixtures for one Leinster semi final to be at a floodlit venue for broadcasting purposes) and as Nowlan Park has no floodlights that will be moved to Portlaoise to facilitate that.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

frankthetank wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:07 pm Following tonight's results we can be fairly sure we will be hurling in Portlaoise next Wednesday evening one way or the other.

Yes the #1 seeds have home advantage but as you quite rightly stated Galway aren't entitled to any home games so if we draw them that will be brought to a neutral venue.

And if we draw Kilkenny I'd be pretty confident TG4 will want to show it live (provision is in the U20 fixtures for one Leinster semi final to be at a floodlit venue for broadcasting purposes) and as Nowlan Park has no floodlights that will be moved to Portlaoise to facilitate that.
Agreed, I think TG4 will choose whichever of the two semis Offaly are a part of and it’ll more than likely be in Portlaoise.

Hopefully turn out a massive crowd.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

Buttons wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:02 pm After the first 2-3 minutes there was only going to be one winner. Next week is going to be massive and another step up.

I think we missed Dan and will even more depending on how far they go, this is from when a team gets a run on us who do you puck it out to and also a couple of frees slightly out.

Lastly it’s hard to say there were negatives after winning by 16 points but then this is a special team. Once again well done and this match will stand to them next week
The only negative I can think of was leaving players like Screeney on for the full game, surely he should’ve been called ashore early to spare him for the bigger games to come.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Clearly Adam Screeney, Donal Shirley, Dan Bourke and Cathal King should have been replaced at an early juncture but that's not the way Leo O'Connor or Johnny Kelly work. And we all know that. And we all know this power play is going to bite Offaly in the ass. Two massive egos who will end up doing more harm than good.

They have already ended Dan Ravenhill's inter-county season, It will be by pure luck that they don't end someone else's.

Doon Exile
All Star

Post by Doon Exile »

Shot selection was a bit off at times. Went for a couple of goals that were never on. A few aimless long balls especially in the second half. Sloppy goals especially the second one.

But positives far outweigh. Adam continues to deliver and really is a joy to watch.

Looking forward to next Wednesday.
Doon exile....