Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Faithfully
Junior A

Re: Offaly Senior Hurlers 2024

Post by Faithfully »

Thought we lost our composure big time in the second half. Snap shots, poor options and it seemed apparent that Laois were going to beat us from 10 minutes out from the end. Hopefully Ravenhill isn't out for the rest of the U20/JMcD campaigns.

It's not fatal at least, Westmeath losing at home to Kerry means that 4 wins from 4 should almost certainly see us in the final. Not that that's going to be an easy task.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

pigeon house biffo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:42 pm
joey1001 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm Lads Laois and Westmeath put up little or no resistance in the league last year and the top level and managed a result and were very competitive. Lads are talking about second teams, it was no different when these teams met Laois and Westmeath last year.. if you think we can't beat Laois because we couldn't close out a game against the league champions when they brought on their big guns (ya don't win a league without a panel). From what we've seen this year and last, Offaly are above both Laois and Westmeath and barring a bad off day they'll win against both and win it out. I thought the negativity and poor reading of the footballers form was bad but this is nearly worse.
Well Joey

Are you actually an Offaly man? Coming on here to say I told you so after the team been beaten with almost the last puck and talking shite about their experience counting in a game Offaly were in charge of until the first goal went in.. easily the better team and won't have any worries now meeting them in the final 👍

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Faithfully wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:49 pm Thought we lost our composure big time in the second half. Snap shots, poor options and it seemed apparent that Laois were going to beat us from 10 minutes out from the end. Hopefully Ravenhill isn't out for the rest of the U20/JMcD campaigns.

It's not fatal at least, Westmeath losing at home to Kerry means that 4 wins from 4 should almost certainly see us in the final. Not that that's going to be an easy task.
The losers from Offaly v Westmeath next weekend are out of Joe Mc Donagh competition.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:32 pm
SearingDrive wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:53 pm
joey1001 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:12 am So we are in fact favourites going into this one.. I believe value to be has again here as offaly are clear favourites in my eyes given league performances and performances last year. Offaly have improved significantly as a team and individually, the new lads coming in are at a better level and we've simply raised out game. I expect like the footballers being the superior team and a cut above Laois, we will stamp our authority on this one and start our last McDonagh cup campaign with a comfortable win.
I like your optimism for Sunday’s game. Laois will make it difficult for us, they recall the Offaly v Carlow game last year. Offaly lost a group game, and Laois lost out. The league games were an improvement, but Cork and Waterford had big wins against Offaly.
Given that we beat them last year and Offaly have certainly improved and have been competing at a higher level this year, Laois will be tough and up for it but it's hard to see anything only an Offaly win. The scoreboard was definitely not an accurate reflection of the game against waterford and the cork game was an exception, a bogey team who certainly didn't suit us and once they got a run on us, nothing we could do, it was a result aswell of having to compete week in week out with superior opposition and taking its toll on the team. There's been a huge improvement in the established players and the ones coming through are at a different skill level after proper development has been in place for a long number of years now.. first touch, poor wrist work, not coming out of a ruck with the ball etc were the problems along with a lack of physicality, these have been remedied now, maybe the physicality not to the extent of the others but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the days of Kerry, Laois and Westmeath beating us are over. Next we put Antrim in the bracket and we compete with Wexford and Dublin. That's the goal and I think we're well on our way, I think Sunday will show that.
“It’s hard to see anything only an Offaly win”

Good one Joey, the voice of reason strikes again.

Add that one to the list.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:09 pm

I like your optimism for Sunday’s game. Laois will make it difficult for us, they recall the Offaly v Carlow game last year. Offaly lost a group game, and Laois lost out. The league games were an improvement, but Cork and Waterford had big wins against Offaly.
Given that we beat them last year and Offaly have certainly improved and have been competing at a higher level this year, Laois will be tough and up for it but it's hard to see anything only an Offaly win. The scoreboard was definitely not an accurate reflection of the game against waterford and the cork game was an exception, a bogey team who certainly didn't suit us and once they got a run on us, nothing we could do, it was a result aswell of having to compete week in week out with superior opposition and taking its toll on the team. There's been a huge improvement in the established players and the ones coming through are at a different skill level after proper development has been in place for a long number of years now.. first touch, poor wrist work, not coming out of a ruck with the ball etc were the problems along with a lack of physicality, these have been remedied now, maybe the physicality not to the extent of the others but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the days of Kerry, Laois and Westmeath beating us are over. Next we put Antrim in the bracket and we compete with Wexford and Dublin. That's the goal and I think we're well on our way, I think Sunday will show that.

Ah and he's back, just to prove my point about what I said about you before and now everyone can see you for what you are 👍

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:52 pm
pigeon house biffo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:42 pm
joey1001 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm Lads Laois and Westmeath put up little or no resistance in the league last year and the top level and managed a result and were very competitive. Lads are talking about second teams, it was no different when these teams met Laois and Westmeath last year.. if you think we can't beat Laois because we couldn't close out a game against the league champions when they brought on their big guns (ya don't win a league without a panel). From what we've seen this year and last, Offaly are above both Laois and Westmeath and barring a bad off day they'll win against both and win it out. I thought the negativity and poor reading of the footballers form was bad but this is nearly worse.
Well Joey

Are you actually an Offaly man? Coming on here to say I told you so after the team been beaten with almost the last puck and talking shite about their experience counting in a game Offaly were in charge of until the first goal went in.. easily the better team and won't have any worries now meeting them in the final 👍
You’re right.

We won’t have any worries now meeting them in the final because if we lose next Sunday we’re out.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:10 pm

Ah and he's back, just to prove my point about what I said about you before and now everyone can see you for what you are 👍
Dishes it out but can’t take it.

A true hypocrite.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Where were you last week after the footballers won easy as predicted? Lickin your wounds hiding and disappointed you couldn't come back here to say I told you so.. really showing your true colours.. shouting for Offaly this week after shouting for Laois last weekend 🤣. Still easily the better team and will still win the competition.. it's hard to believe how pathetic you are

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:11 pm

A true hypocrite.

I dished nothing out.. you predicted Offaly would lose in the football when you were wrong you disappeared to lick your wounds and disappointed you were wrong and couldn't come on here.. turn up this week after predicting the hurlers would lose . You weren't one bit disappointed after the match today because you "predicted" the loss! And you weren't one bit happy after the won last weekend.. you couldn't be any more obvious and everyone can see that 👍

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

You've done nothing only been negative since the draw was made in the football and you've slated and criticised all teams and predicted their down fall.. when the footballers proved you wrong last week, no sign of you but 5 minutes after the hurlers lose here you are.. it's pathetic and it shows you for what you are and all other posters can now see that 👍

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:16 pm

A true hypocrite.

I dished nothing out.. you predicted Offaly would lose in the football when you were wrong you disappeared to lick your wounds and disappointed you were wrong and couldn't come on here.. turn up this week after predicting the hurlers would lose . You weren't one bit disappointed after the match today because you "predicted" the loss! And you weren't one bit happy after the won last weekend.. you couldn't be any more obvious and everyone can see that 👍
Point out where I “predicted” a loss today? You won’t be able because I didn’t.

It’s clearly a figment of your imagination to cover for your woefully incorrect prediction.

If you want to post ridiculous predictions every week then go ahead but own up when you get them so badly wrong and don’t deflect.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:18 pm

You've done nothing only been negative since the draw was made in the football and you've slated and criticised all teams and predicted their down fall.. when the footballers proved you wrong last week, no sign of you but 5 minutes after the hurlers lose here you are.. it's pathetic and it shows you for what you are and all other posters can now see that 👍
I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but you’re on the Senior Hurling thread and we’re discussing your laughable prediction. Anything to say?

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:27 pm

I’m not sure if you’ve noticed but you’re on the Senior Hurling thread and we’re discussing your laughable prediction. Anything to say?
So my prediction what we would beat Laois in hurling today was laughable???? Really?? A game we controlled and we're better team and beaten only by a late goal .

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:24 pm
joey1001 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:16 pm

A true hypocrite.

Point out where I “predicted” a loss today? You won’t be able because I didn’t.

It’s clearly a figment of your imagination to cover for your woefully incorrect prediction.

If you want to post ridiculous predictions every week then go ahead but own up when you get them so badly wrong and don’t deflect.

Go back on you posts you've slated both teams and predicted their downfall since the start of the year.. to come on here to say I told you so, you could hardly wait 10 minutes shows what kind of ass you are . Also check the predictions competition you'll see I've predicted more correct than anyone else 👍. Also I'm not sure what you are raving about my woeful predictions when I've been mostly right apart from a narrow defeat today

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:27 pm

Yes I'd like to say what an asshole you are.. slate the team and couldn't wait hardly 5 minutes to come on and say you were right.. honestly "supporters " like to make me sick