Offaly Senior Footballers 2024

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Anonymous1
All Star

Re: Offaly Senior Footballers 2024

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:15 pm
Anonymous1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:06 pm
joey1001 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:47 pm

The quality of that game was shocking in comparison to the division 3 final, Leitrim were terrible and left their whole back line open and for long parts Laois werent great and it go away from Leitrim in the end, first time in croke park and tactically terrible.. the division 3 final was on after you know the division Offaly were in, the higher division. Laois wouldn't have been competitive against either Westmeath or Down.. what exactly makes you say Laois look a cut above us?? I don't know who you are but you haven't been to any games this year and you're not an Offaly man it else your bitter over something and don't like your county
I can guarantee I’ve been to more games this year than you because based on your opinions you haven’t been at an Offaly football game since 1982.
I wasn't born in 82 , you obviously we're, drunk on success of the past and can't face reality, expecting Offaly to be winning all Irelands 🤣. All you do is come on here and criticise the teams and if someone praises them you knock it . What was your thoughts on the under 20s beating Dublin in Parnell park today?
Nor was I so you can eat some humble pie there, just another error to add to your litany to date.

All you do is come on here and criticise anybody who doesn’t agree that Offaly are the best team in the country. You’ve set up your account to defend the management…

This is the senior football thread, go over to the U20 hurling one if you wish to discuss that. I was at the game and supporting the team unlike you.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:03 am
Anonymous1 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:06 pm

I can guarantee I’ve been to more games this year than you because based on your opinions you haven’t been at an Offaly football game since 1982.
I wasn't born in 82 , you obviously we're, drunk on success of the past and can't face reality, expecting Offaly to be winning all Irelands 🤣. All you do is come on here and criticise the teams and if someone praises them you knock it . What was your thoughts on the under 20s beating Dublin in Parnell park today?
Nor was I so you can eat some humble pie there, just another error to add to your litany to date.

All you do is come on here and criticise anybody who doesn’t agree that Offaly are the best team in the country. You’ve set up your account to defend the management…

This is the senior football thread, go over to the U20 hurling one if you wish to discuss that. I was at the game and supporting the team unlike you.

I never said anything about being the best team in the country, and in fact you'll note that far from it I made a post about us needing to be more realistic and that we most definitely weren't the best team in the country although you seem to think we should be winning all irelands.. I've set up my account to call our idiots like you who think players owe them something. And if you go back through my posts most posters will agree I've been pretty on the mark so far.. eat some humble pie because you weren't born in 82? What are ya even on about. You have not agreed with one poster about anything. We know why you are here and you most definitely are not a supporter

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

Lads can ye keep on the topic of the thread

Maybe exchange numbers and meet up for a few creamers in one of the fine pint shops numerous around the county

Good to have the extra bit of chat going on the forum so lets keep the main thing, the main thing

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

I put an accurate post up about the reality for a lot of counties including Offaly and I set out what I thought were realistic and achievable goals and where I thought Offaly teams should be in both codes.. I didn't get any opinions back.. you come on Here and just slate the teams.. where do you think offaly should be and what do you expect them to achieve? And what are the solutions to the so many problems you think we have?

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

pigeon house biffo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 am Lads can ye keep on the topic of the thread

Maybe exchange numbers and meet up for a few creamers in one of the fine pint shops numerous around the county

Good to have the extra bit of chat going on the forum so lets keep the main thing, the main thing

Apologies but it's very bad form for a lad to just come on here to argue and criticise with every post and he hasn't the decency to show himself, hiding behind the key board and criticising players who owe him nothing and put everything into the game. It's cowardy and pathetic.

pigeon house biffo
All Star
Club: Rynagh

Post by pigeon house biffo »

To be fair lad unless your wanting to put your name on the footer or your posts then we are all hiding on this forum to an extent

You’ve made several pertinent points so far and I look forward to reading more of them going forward

No point taking anything personally on here, its not going to move the needle in anyway, keep the main thing, the main thing

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

pigeon house biffo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:49 am To be fair lad unless your wanting to put your name on the footer or your posts then we are all hiding on this forum to an extent

You’ve made several pertinent points so far and I look forward to reading more of them going forward

No point taking anything personally on here, its not going to move the needle in anyway, keep the main thing, the main thing
I don't show my name but I don't criticise people unfairly, it's disrespectful to players.. anyway we shall catch up again soon. Hon offaly!

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:33 am
Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:03 am

I never said anything about being the best team in the country, and in fact you'll note that far from it I made a post about us needing to be more realistic and that we most definitely weren't the best team in the country although you seem to think we should be winning all irelands.. I've set up my account to call our idiots like you who think players owe them something. And if you go back through my posts most posters will agree I've been pretty on the mark so far.. eat some humble pie because you weren't born in 82? What are ya even on about. You have not agreed with one poster about anything. We know why you are here and you most definitely are not a supporter.
Most posters won’t agree you’ve “been pretty on the mark”, your account is only a couple of weeks old and yet you’ve predicted both the Sligo and Wicklow games woefully wrong.

You have not agreed with one poster about anything.

Maybe you’ve become so blinded by rage over someone criticising the team that you’ve forgotten how to read because I can find dozens of posts where I’ve agreed with other posters.

We know why you are here and you most definitely are not a supporter.

The absolute gall of you to come on here and question anybody’s support just because they don’t put a 100% positive spin on every result.

I go to every Offaly game possible in all codes and ages and always back them to the hilt but to come on a forum and suggest that anybody critiquing the team is not a supporter is laughable.

What’s the point of a forum if not to argue back and forth? It seems you want posters to come on here and express nothing but their undying love for the management and players even when they blow 9 point leads etc…It’s not hard to see why you want that.

“Supporters” like you are the worst sort, denigrating people who dare to criticise the team or as you’ve also done, those who can’t afford going to games or can’t because of other commitments.

Here’s my post immediately after the loss to Louth in Croker last year that I struggled to write because I was so upset. You won’t have seen it because you seem to have only started supporting the county in the last few weeks yourself…
[/url][/img]
Attachments
01B177C3-1654-44AD-AEE2-881CB2CD5165.jpeg
01B177C3-1654-44AD-AEE2-881CB2CD5165.jpeg (252.13 KiB) Viewed 997 times
AA655284-6741-4BBC-9CB7-48CF14435A86.jpeg
AA655284-6741-4BBC-9CB7-48CF14435A86.jpeg (256.94 KiB) Viewed 997 times
D203B715-E0CD-4BC6-BFF4-BAC485B0E2DE.jpeg
D203B715-E0CD-4BC6-BFF4-BAC485B0E2DE.jpeg (244.8 KiB) Viewed 997 times

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:43 am
pigeon house biffo wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:37 am Lads can ye keep on the topic of the thread

Apologies but it's very bad form for a lad to just come on here to argue and criticise with every post and he hasn't the decency to show himself, hiding behind the key board and criticising players who owe him nothing and put everything into the game. It's cowardy and pathetic.
He says as he hides behind the key board.

Cowardly and pathetic.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 6:16 am

Cowardly and pathetic.
You don't critique, you slate and disagree constantly.. big difference.. your so inaccurate about some of the stuff I said, which shows you're hardly reading it, your just here to argue no matter what is said.. I never said anything about anyone who couldn't make or go to games due to affordability or other commitments. So now you're slating me and inaccurately and unfairly so .. you are the worst type of supporter demanding everything off the players and whinging when you don't get it.. being a solid division 2 team and being second best behind Dublin is asking a lot in my opinion. Easy come on and praise the team after losing a manager, winning 2 games and then taking Louth to extra time.. maybe that gave a false hope, Longford have gone back and are very poor, Meath were all over the place and never showed up and I heard a lot of "one that got away" against Louth when in reality they outplayed us for vast majority of game and would have been robbery had we won it and that showed in extra time.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

joey1001 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:41 am

Cowardly and pathetic.
You don't critique, you slate and disagree constantly.. big difference.. your so inaccurate about some of the stuff I said, which shows you're hardly reading it, your just here to argue no matter what is said.. I never said anything about anyone who couldn't make or go to games due to affordability or other commitments. So now you're slating me and inaccurately and unfairly so .. you are the worst type of supporter demanding everything off the players and whinging when you don't get it.. being a solid division 2 team and being second best behind Dublin is asking a lot in my opinion. Easy come on and praise the team after losing a manager, winning 2 games and then taking Louth to extra time.. maybe that gave a false hope, Longford have gone back and are very poor, Meath were all over the place and never showed up and I heard a lot of "one that got away" against Louth when in reality they outplayed us for vast majority of game and would have been robbery had we won it and that showed in extra time.
If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Nobody else seems to have an issue with my posts except you, obviously hitting close to the bone…

your so inaccurate about some of the stuff I said, which shows you're hardly reading it,

I made sure to read your post this time but I must admit it was a struggle, do us all a favour and learn the difference between your and you’re.

your just here to argue no matter what is said.

Is that an attempt at reverse psychology?

Every time I post you nit pick at the slightest little thing, clearly don’t have much else to be doing.

G91
County player
Club: Ferbane

Post by G91 »

Lads would ye kindly your bickering to a private chat somewhere. Your both definitely gone of the topic

JimBwobb
All Star

Post by JimBwobb »

G91 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm Lads would ye kindly your bickering to a private chat somewhere. Your both definitely gone of the topic
Agreed, if theirs an issue have have a chat on private messaging don't air your dirty laundry In a public place - no one really cares and completely off topic.

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

JimBwobb wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:33 pm
G91 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:51 pm Lads would ye kindly your bickering to a private chat somewhere. Your both definitely gone of the topic
Agreed, if theirs an issue have have a chat on private messaging don't air your dirty laundry In a public place - no one really cares and completely off topic.
We're literally talking about Offaly senior football team....?

joey1001
County player

Post by joey1001 »

Anonymous1 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:39 pm
joey1001 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:41 am

Cowardly and pathetic.
If you can’t handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. Nobody else seems to have an issue with my posts except you, obviously hitting close to the bone…

your so inaccurate about some of the stuff I said, which shows you're hardly reading it,

I made sure to read your post this time but I must admit it was a struggle, do us all a favour and learn the difference between your and you’re.

your just here to argue no matter what is said.

Is that an attempt at reverse psychology?

Every time I post you nit pick at the slightest little thing, clearly don’t have much else to be doing.

Every time you post I nit pick because you do it to EVERY poster, I don't go out of my way to argue with every poster.. nothing hitting close to any bones, you're criticism and slating of team and management is simply disrespectful and im not the first poster to call you out about it or take issue with it. These are amateur players and they don't owe us anything. At the end of the day my point is very simple.. this Offaly football team has performed well in the league taken all circumstances into account and has the ability to beat Laois and go places in the tailteann cup. When the draw was made you asked someone who said we would beat Laois what they were smokin, before the start of the year or a football had been kicked and before we knew what Laois or anything was like even despite our performances in Leinster last year.. Lads are expecting too much of amateur players who are giving up their time to play and entertain us.. the reality is that every team is now putting everything into developing all their available talent and as that's now the case it is impossible to make ground on the bigger counties and this who are bigger and have no hurling.. numbers will mostly dictate as the more numbers the more talent.. taken into account we're split 50 50 with hurling, we are actually at our level, Meath and Kildare will take their place back along with Westmeath as the next best in Leinster. Over the next few years this team will do well due to a few good underage players coming through and good management. (This is as much as down to timing as development) In terms of resources and numbers solidifying a place in division 2 is asking a lot but I believe this team is capable of doing that and would be over achieving if they did.. that's not a lack of ambition or accepting mediocrity etc it is the simple reality for the vast majority of counties with the odd exception. Living in the 90s and expecting miracles and then slating when they aren't achieved is counter productive and disrespectful given that this set of players put an awful lot more into the game than any players did from yester years 👍