Club football championship 2023

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: Club football championship 2023

Post by Lone Shark »

Gracefield (1970), Walsh Island (1978 & 1979) and Ferbane (1986) have all won Leinsters, none of them got to the All-Ireland final though.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Pat Mustard
Junior A

Post by Pat Mustard »

Some drama at the end of the Tullamore and Summerhill game I think some of the Tullamore lads could be in bother one of the players pushing the reff at the end

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Scoring two points in a second half won't win you many games. Tullamore's travails in attack are by now a recurring theme.

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

For the forward talent at their disposal, they are falling short of where they could be I'd feel. To score only 2 pts in second half at home after a month lay off and lots of prep time is fairly poor. They should have been mad keen to go at Summerhill today at home, but showed same old failings. They play with way too many behind the ball for the talent they have and net effect is that they dont have enough fire power then when they need to attack. They are leaving teams in games because of the negative approach. They lost to Rhode last year after dominating game and left them in the game, and it nearly cost them co title again this year against Ferbane.
jimbob

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

Any of the stattos know in what year did Tullamore last win a Leinster club championship game?

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

jimbob17 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:27 pm For the forward talent at their disposal, they are falling short of where they could be I'd feel. To score only 2 pts in second half at home after a month lay off and lots of prep time is fairly poor. They should have been mad keen to go at Summerhill today at home, but showed same old failings. They play with way too many behind the ball for the talent they have and net effect is that they dont have enough fire power then when they need to attack. They are leaving teams in games because of the negative approach. They lost to Rhode last year after dominating game and left them in the game, and it nearly cost them co title again this year against Ferbane.
Also very, very nearly lost to Edenderry this year in the semi final with the same approach.

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

frankthetank wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:30 pm Any of the stattos know in what year did Tullamore last win a Leinster club championship game?
As far as I am aware, Tullamore have never won a Leinster club championship game. I am open to correction on that though.

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

GreatDayForTheParish wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:35 pm
frankthetank wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:30 pm Any of the stattos know in what year did Tullamore last win a Leinster club championship game?
As far as I am aware, Tullamore have never won a Leinster club championship game. I am open to correction on that though.
If true, that is actually shocking.

DerekCarroll
Junior C

Post by DerekCarroll »

Tullamore haven’t produced an inter county forward since Paddy Fenning in the 70s. You’d swear they had half the county forward line playing for them the way some people go on.

They nearly won today the same way they always win. Tight at the back and majority of scores coming from their backs. If they scored a few more frees today they’d have got their first Leinster win. They might never get a better chance. Summerhill weren’t great

Pat Mustard
Junior A

Post by Pat Mustard »

frankthetank wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:42 pm
Drew a game years ago but lost the replay. There hurlers got to a leinster final

biffinbanner
All Star
Club: ferbane

Post by biffinbanner »

video of the after match incidents on twitter .wont end well .

frankthetank
All Star

Post by frankthetank »

That guy in the blue hoodie is an absolute sack of sh1t.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

Pat Mustard wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:02 pm
frankthetank wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:42 pm

Drew a game years ago but lost the replay. There hurlers got to a leinster final
I’m open to correction, but I think Tullamore’s only Leinster SF win was over the Longford champions a few years back.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

DerekCarroll wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:58 pm Tullamore haven’t produced an inter county forward since Paddy Fenning in the 70s. You’d swear they had half the county forward line playing for them the way some people go on.

They nearly won today the same way they always win. Tight at the back and majority of scores coming from their backs. If they scored a few more frees today they’d have got their first Leinster win. They might never get a better chance. Summerhill weren’t great
Corner back, Deccie Hogan scored 1-1 today. Tullamore missed too many chances today.

Anonymous1
All Star

Post by Anonymous1 »

People in Tullamore had already been fed up with how the team is set up and their style of play but today will be the final nail in the coffin, I'd expect Niall Stack to step down in the coming weeks.

As for the guy in the blue hoodie, a lengthy ban is incoming one would suspect.