We're in the clear again!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
juteman
County player

We're in the clear again!!

Post by juteman »

No replay and no illegality.Happy days
JUTEMAN

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

great stuff!

I was looking around online to see about this and nothing yet.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Word only filtered through late last nite/early this morning.
Ubless Kildare are on some kind of self destruction this is the end of it.

Loughers
All Star

Kildare

Post by Loughers »

They've made no friends by bringing it this far so hopefully they won't be stupid enough to bring it any further. After all that's happened, it would surely be thrown out by the courts.

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Super! Maybe we can all get back to discussion the games now after all this. Have Kildare issued a statement or will they?

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

It doesn't take much justification to get an injunction to stop the match pending consideration by the Courts but hopefully Kildare won't take that path.

Their chairman says that they have authorisation from their County Board meeting to take the "Ultimate Sanction" but their secretary said that they won't hold up the Championship.

So who knows?

Hocker
All Star

RE: In the clear again!

Post by Hocker »

Fooking excellent!! Roll on July 2nd.....

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

Thank God for that. The whole process took too long for my peace of mind. Too many sleepless nights. It was after 3am when I got a text last night. Bad luck to Kildare. I hope they are hammered by Cavan in the qualifiers. There was a hell of a lot of rubbish on the Kildare GAA website. After three attempts, they might finally take their beating.
RTE and some other papers also jumped to conclusions straight after the match which was unhelpful. Fair dues to the Sunday Tribune. On each of the last two Sundays, a man called Gerry McDermott outlined very clearly how Offaly did nothing wrong and that gave me more confidence.

Treasurer
All Star

Tribune

Post by Treasurer »

Gerry McDermott outlined very clearly how Offaly did nothing wrong
Yep, he even convinced our very own man behind the wire that he was wrong :)

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Great to be looking forward to the next game rather than nervously over our shoulder about whether we'll keep the last one.

I was unsure at the start, but the longer this went on the more I was convinced that we did nothing wrong. Good to see the DRA backing us up as well in that at least now no-one can argue. Legal and GAA minds all looked at it and said we did nothing wrong - hard for any pub talker to debate it now.

Bring on the Strawberry Pickers!

Treasurer
All Star

Kildare Statement

Post by Treasurer »

Statement from Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Cill Dara following D.R.A. Ruling

Following last nights Disputes Resolution Authority hearing Kildare G.A.A. accept the decision of the Authority.

We are disappointed to lose our case as we still believe the Blood Substitution Rule is open to serious abuse in its current format.
So concerned are we about this situation that it is our intention to put a motion forward to next years Congress to address the confusion on the blood subs rule.

Having been madated by the Clubs of Kildare to follow all routes of appeal in our attempt to seek clarification we have now done so and we will now move on with all our minds focussed in supporting the Kildare Senior Football team in their qualifier game against Cavan in Newbridge on Saturday June 24th. We hope they can achieve success and we wish the same to our friends and neighbours Offaly in the Leinster Championship.

Syl Merrins,
Cathaoirleach C.LG Cill Dara

The Biff
All Star

The Decision

Post by The Biff »

Have any of you downloaded the DRA's published decision? It's available at http://www.sportsdra.ie/documents/dra202006.pdf and makes interesting reading. You almost have to admire the way the Senior Counsel for Kildare focussed on the words "The use" of the Temporary Substitute and how this no longer applied in the case of James Coughlan after Paschal came back on for someone else.

Anyway, the DRA are very emphatic that the initial valid Blood-Subbing change cannot be changed retrospectively by subsequent acts. That was the basis of Kildare's case and they've been spanked with it. Woohoo !!!

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Some people were on the pitch ('98), we though it was all over (two weeks ago).

It is now!

Roll on the Yella Bellies. I hope we can muster up the support now, god knows our lads deserve it.

Loughers
All Star

Support

Post by Loughers »

Agreed re. the support. Wexford will have a big crowd thanks to the hurlers. Hopefully our minor hurlers will be out that day as well. We're in a Leinster football semi-final. We have to get behind the lads.

Kevin
All Star

Whew!

Post by Kevin »

Hurray!!!!