Kildare Supporters

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Hyper
All Star

Kildare Supporters

Post by Hyper »

Was it my imagination, but there seemed to be alot of unrest around Croker yesterday? The Kildare fans didn't take defeat too graciously.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

There can sometimes be a bit of aggro between Offaly and Kildare.
On the Hill there was plenty of banter, and a bit of winding up.
I saw one incident where the guards and stewards seem to sorting out an incident after Offaly's third goal.
There was a pocket of Kildare fans near us who were drinking cans and bottles and the guards went up to confiscate them.

You have to laugh at the Kildare fans chanting "Oh to be a lily" though. How wimpy is that?

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

I'd second that, for god sake they were given every chance to win it. A man up for most of the second half and a referee who was lashing out yellow cards for fun.
I personally didn't like the way that Kildare played the game, very cynical, pulling and dragging, lying down for frees etc. pulling McManus around off the ball to unsettle him.... It showed a lack of confidence, they obviously felt that they had to resort to that kind of tactic to give themselves a chance.

The fans unrest was probably because of the percieved 6 subs "issue". But there's little doubt that they were second best.

stupid like a fox
Junior A

Post by stupid like a fox »

Any word on the 6 sub issue? will it just be a fine? Spillane was giving it loads on the sunday game, at least Lyons was there to point out Offaly actually played well and deserved the victory.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I have to say I'd have had no problems with the Kildare support, at least from what I could see. I thought they did well in difficult circumstances, having to shout about flowers and all that.