Kilcormac-Killoughey in Leinster - 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
sam88885a
All Star
Club: kk

Re: Kilcormac-Killoughey in Leinster - 2014

Post by sam88885a »

there is a self belief with kk than offaly teams dont have nowadays .

offaly team go out to loose and keep the down the score. they seen frozen with fear of kilkenny most of the time.

kk guy expect to win everyday the go out so fear wont be a factor and i cant see ballyhale bulling kk either .
should be some battle.

ah lethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by ah lethimoutwithit »

I would expect that this will be a step too far for KK. They have done really well over the last few years but this is the first time that they have met the Kilkenny champions, a team from Kilkenny that brings class, power and experience. It goes without saying that all the KK forwards will have to contribute, (especially Gorman and Slevin from open play). Currams has a bit of class about him, but consistency is an issue, and even more so with Conor Mahon (some consistency in striking, and his tackling for a big man is poor, he tends to dive in with a lunge instead of using his power to stand opponents up).

If the forwards and midfield work like fcuk to close down clearances, (and succeed in this) then they will have a decent chance of curtailing Ballyhales scoring chances. I think this will be huge part of the work and the message that Danny Owens and Jimmy Dunne will focus on over the coming 2 weeks. Failure here and Ballyhale will drive on and their ability in the air and ability to puck points will carry them over line.

Again it goes without saying that KK will bring huge passion and drive on the day, this allied to a bit of cuteness will be needed, They can do it but me thinks that like some of the posters are saying here, they have not been playing as well as they did a couple of years ago. But I wish them the best of luck and will be there on the day to support them, and let the naysayers/begrudgers head for Kildare village

kaiserchief
All Star
Club: town

Post by kaiserchief »

How could any ex hurler begrudge KK of their success over the last 3 years. They are a credit to Offaly club hurling at the moment.

I will be shouting them on Sunday week but I do think they will be beaten by at least 5 points. Its going to be a battle of the forwards as both teams are stronger in them positions of the field. Somebody said it already that it will be a battle of the midfields. Dont be surprised if you see Con Mahon or Kiley playin in midfield. They completely changed the game when they came their the last day against Raharney.

Would be great to see KK and Shamrocks win against Killkeny opposittion and give Offaly hurling a good lift. It need's every bit of it now.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

ah lethimoutwithit wrote:I would expect that this will be a step too far for KK.
ah lethimoutwithit writes off K/K as being no-hopers!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

no feck it i think k/k will hurl the shit out of them...............come on the faithful lets retired the king henry :lol:

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman i see where ballyhale hope to over take birr as kings of leinster .
it would be great if an offaly team {kk] could stop them .

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

ye seen that its great to see an offaly team in hurling on the top of the table with kilkenny, lets hope k/k get their second next sunday, i know we won 7 but i think there was a few years that we slipped up 1995 and 1996 in offaly and i think we could have won the leinster at least them years Camross beat o'tooles in 1996, the year of the foot and mouth castletown beat us in porlaoise yet they didn't even win it out. Ballyhale won a few with two different sides with a good few years apart from a few, wheres Birr won most from 1990 to 2008, with most well the backbone of them sides won the 7. Sid and Errity
would have 7, but i don't think there is a ballyhale player that would have that many even if they do win on sunday next. but sure you never know maybe in years to come we might add to that 7. :wink:

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

All Ireland Club SHC 2014/2015

Ballyhale Shamrocks 11/10
Kilmallock 9/4
Portumna 7/2
Kilcormac Killoughey 10/1
Gort 16/1
Portaferry 25/1

Leinster Club SHC final

Ballyhale Shamrocks 2/7
Kilcormac Killoughey 3/1
Draw 10/1
Take from the hoganstand website.

Writing Off for the Lenister Final. 3/1 in a two horse race.
I checked the myself in Paddy Power and was told they i could get a little more than 4/1 at the moment.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Offaly/Articl ... ?ID=228128
“Common sense is not so common.”

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

thats the way we like it, i am watching hurling and football since 1979 and anything we won we won it as underdogs i wouldn't have it any other way.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Well Done To Clara Today. Lenister Champion.
“Common sense is not so common.”

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Toxicity234 wrote:Well Done To Clara Today. Lenister Champion.
Was always going to be Clara's title , the Dublin teams were taken out of it this year and after that Kyle were the only team that gave them some sort of a challenge . Good for Clara going forward and they can build on it and target the junior championship next year .

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Looks like there were ructions at Clara's Leinster Final win. Five put off -
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic- ... 86521.html
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

well done to clara .
the seem to totaly outclass the longford senior champions

Mr X
Junior C
Club: Birr

Post by Mr X »

Kilcormac and Ballyhale is shaping up to be a great game. Big weekend for Offaly hurling with 2 Leinster finals against Kilkenny teams. I believe we're in with a good of winning both. It would be the injection offaly hurling needs going into the new year!!!!

sam88885a
All Star

Post by sam88885a »

townman i think the current ballyhale team including h sheflin has 3 leinster title and 2 all irelands whereas the birr team of b whelahan etc have 7 leinster titles and 4 all irelands.
the current ballyhale team have 26 all stars and 39 senior all irelands between them so 3 leinster compared to that birr team is very average .
sundays game should be special .it years since i have seen so many offaly people looking forward to taking a kilkenny team at any level .
kk will have huge support on sunday .
like st rynagh did in the 70 s kk can lift the depression around offaly hurling and give young lads hope .
i have a great feeling about sunday .