OFFALY UNDER 21 HURLING

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: OFFALY UNDER 21 HURLING

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

for information, the Minor team that played Wexford in 2011 was: -

Conor Clancy; Stephen Connnolly, Seán Gardiner, Enda Grogan, Eoin Hayes, Danny Kelleher, Simon Lyons; Joey O'Connor, Ethan Mannion, Andrew Connolly, Niall Wynne, Peter Geraghty; Thomas Geraghty, Jason Sampson, Darragh Cleary. Alan Kelly, Colm Mulrooney, Kevin Dunne, Cillian Kiely, Andrew Browne and Rory Wynne also saw Championship action that year. Kevin O'Connor would be an option in goal too, while Seán Dolan must have been unavailable then.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Observant 7
Junior A
Club: Kinnitty

Post by Observant 7 »

POTH 2011 not good year for Offaly Minor with Joe Cleary in charge. Hurlers playing out of their own position, bit like the current Senior hurling team. Lads turned away from Offaly hurling that year because of Management decisions. I would not look at that team as a model to work from, especially because of the time frame this new Management team have for U21 hurling.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I was merely listing the team that lined out at Minor level three years ago, which is a reasonable guide as to who would be underage for U21 this year, and I think most readers will recognize this without having to have it pointed out to them.

While i think of it, Keith Mullally is another who will come into consideration.
Observant 7 wrote:POTH 2011 not good year for Offaly Minor with Joe Cleary in charge. Hurlers playing out of their own position, bit like the current Senior hurling team. Lads turned away from Offaly hurling that year because of Management decisions. I would not look at that team as a model to work from, especially because of the time frame this new Management team have for U21 hurling.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Observant 7
Junior A
Club: Kinnitty

Post by Observant 7 »

Two more outstanding hurlers Con Mahon an C Doughan to add to your list POTH

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Thanks POTH. I was trying to find that minor team.

Can well Believe Camon overage. its a pity.
I was surprised to see that Danny Kelleher was still underage.
What age is Ethan Mannion and Daniel Doughan ?
“Common sense is not so common.”

OffalySorry
Junior B

Post by OffalySorry »

1.Conor Clancy
2.Niall Wynne
3.Dan Kelleher
4.Stephen Connolly
5.Joey O'Connor
6.Simon Og Lyons
7.Sean Gardiner
8.Conor Doughan
9.Con Mahon
10.Sean Dolan
11.Peter Gerathy
12.Emmett Nolan
13.Alan Kelly
14.Thomas Gerathy
15.Dylan Murray

Potential Team.
Others could be Sampson, Browne,Mullins, S.T.O'Connor
Mulrooney, Andy Connolly, Cillian Kiely!
Potential for a strong panel
Time, which they don't have a lot of, will tell!

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Danial Doughan is still underage as he was minor last year. Could be a very good squad if the right players are picked and put in their proper positions.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:I was merely listing the team that lined out at Minor level three years ago, which is a reasonable guide as to who would be underage for U21 this year, and I think most readers will recognize this without having to have it pointed out to them.

While i think of it, Keith Mullally is another who will come into consideration.
Observant 7 wrote:POTH 2011 not good year for Offaly Minor with Joe Cleary in charge. Hurlers playing out of their own position, bit like the current Senior hurling team. Lads turned away from Offaly hurling that year because of Management decisions. I would not look at that team as a model to work from, especially because of the time frame this new Management team have for U21 hurling.
was talking to a few lads from clareen and they have great time for Keith Mullally who they rate high
he was captain of clareen this year in under 21, they belive Ger Coughlan gave him a raw deal last year as it was more to do with the club his from Gracefield than his hurling, i agree Coughlan has history of who you are not how good you are. he seems to be around a while Mullally would this be his 5th year under 21, i remember him coming on in the under 21 final clareen Coolderry that played 3 times a few years ago, the lad should get a chance to hurl with the county he played for the footballers this year at under 21 and done well,

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Does anyone what the story is with these lads? Have they formed yet or has any news come from the camp?

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/872115/

The above link is a promo for the U21 Championship. You'll notice that 9 of the top counties are represented, but No Offaly representative. I can understand why there is no Dublin or Laois player there, with the game tomorrow night.

My question is why don't we have a player? Were we contacted and asked to send a player? If so, why don't we have one of our young stars in the photo? It might seem like a trivial matter, but can you imagine this taking place without KK, Tipp, Cork, Galway in there - no way!

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

its the sign of the times no one rates offaly in any grade anymore, and we as a county with our shit county board are doing nothing and never will do anything as long as they stay on board

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

townman wrote:its the sign of the times no one rates offaly in any grade anymore, and we as a county with our shit county board are doing nothing and never will do anything as long as they stay on board
We're not in a good place for sure, but its possible there is an explanation beyond not being rated.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

llkj
All Star

Post by llkj »

Kevin wrote: We're not in a good place for sure, but its possible there is an explanation beyond not being rated.
It wouldn't shock me if the explanation was that we didn't bother to send someone!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

llkj wrote:
Kevin wrote: We're not in a good place for sure, but its possible there is an explanation beyond not being rated.
It wouldn't shock me if the explanation was that we didn't bother to send someone!
For instance...

Neither would I.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

babsandbond
Senior
Club: carrig

Post by babsandbond »

Maybe we didnt have any players to go...after all our manager was only appointed in april...countyboard never suprises me...