OFFALY Hurling 2014

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
allstar2010
All Star

Re: OFFALY Hurling 2014

Post by allstar2010 »

townman wrote:thats History now POTH, we are on way up now, better squad and people over the team now. :wink:
Explain to us how you can suggest we have a better squad and management than last year?? It's the 25th Jan!! Just because these guys were legends in their playing days doesn't make them legends running the line. I'm sure the few club sides that Sid coached wouldn't be singing his praises too much in fairness. Long way to go yet before we can assess this management... As for a better squad, yeah it's great rigney is back but we still might not have Rory Hanniffy back, after that it's still more or less the same.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Does anyone know what team lined out in that challenge defeat to waterford a few weeks back? Interested to find out as they raised a good scoreline

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Offaly will play Westmeath in a senior hurling challenge in Athlone IT on Friday night at 7:45pm. That tomorrow night.
I'm going to try to make it. But I have a meeting at 5.30 in Dublin.
“Common sense is not so common.”

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Ah come on Tox, what are ya at?
Imagine fixing a meeting at 5.30 in Dublin and Offaly hurling Westmeath that night. Where are your priorities?

Call yourself a supporter????

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

:)

I hate meeting at the best of time but monday morning before 9 and friday evening after 3 i hate then so much more.
Hell, I'm a public servent i took this job because all the newspaper and television said it was a easy job. Money for nothing???
And with flexi time in this place after 4 on a wet friday it a ghost town. Think Mary Celeste on the morning of the 4 December 1872.

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

I have the final score this evening at Offaly 0-8 Westmeath 1-4.
The game was poor. The pitch was a mud bath and the weather was cold, wet and windy.
Need a beer.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Going by the TV pictures from Dubarry Park I'm amazed they played a game of hurling last night. It might be OK for the egg chasers, but hurling is not meant that weather
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

Just looking at the Match from Dubarry Park. its was a lot better pitch than what the hurler were playing on.
I should point out that Brian Carroll was at corner-forward and was outstanding. Any ball that went in he use well and was ahead of his man for everything and his vision was unbelievable. and his workrate on a sh*t night was awesome.
Offaly and Westmeath might not have got too much out of the game but Carroll laid down a marker for where his best position is.
I have said no here that i don't think he is our best or most natural midfielder or half forward but as a corner forward he could be the best in the county.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

agree with you Carroll was never a midfielder, corner forward is best for him as theres one thing about
Brian Carroll he will score if he gets a chance, i think the last few years he has been f...ed around by mangers. under Baker and Joe Dooley he was most days named in the corner but then was brough out as a 3rd midfielder which never worked and Carrolls game suffer from it. the worst case was again wexford in tullamore in 2012 even doe we won Baker had him in front of our backline hitting balls into where he should have been, i'd play him in the fullforward line he still is good for a few points in games and a goal or two.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

Bad news lads as del morkan is out for up to 8 weeks with injury

old yellar
All Star

Post by old yellar »

Hi men. What sort of team had ye/wmeath out? Weather or not, ye surely should be pasting these? we bet them handy minus prob 8/9 starters imo and should have been 7/8 pts better off also. Not saying we re better than ye or anything but not an eyebrow raised at only a 1pt in over these yet an inquiry over the walsh cup??!

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Killeighman wrote:Bad news lads as del morkan is out for up to 8 weeks with injury
Bad news indeed.

Any idea what the nature of the injury is? Hoping it isn't something that would be a setback with work/school or whatever he is otherwise involved in.

Wishing him a full and quick recovery.
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

I didnt hear what type of injury it is but he said on twitter that it does not require surgery

Toxicity234
All Star

Post by Toxicity234 »

old yellar wrote:Hi men. What sort of team had ye/wmeath out? Weather or not, ye surely should be pasting these? we bet them handy minus prob 8/9 starters imo and should have been 7/8 pts better off also. Not saying we re better than ye or anything but not an eyebrow raised at only a 1pt in over these yet an inquiry over the walsh cup??!
Dempsey was in goal for the 1st half. Slevin for the second.
Sean Couglhan was at full back for 50 mins. James Mullouney went full back after that.
Morkan, Ger heilon, in the half back line.
D. Egan in midfield with i think it was wynne. I don't know for sure.
Colin Egan,Mahon Sean gardiner and Brian Carroll were in the forwards.
Conor Doughan came on. into the half back line. the two Cleary were play some of the game. Sean Ryan came on a wing back.
I wish i could give you more details but sorry lads i can't.
Offaly Made around 15 subs. So lots of players coming off and on. Offaly Moved around the players as sub were being made so it was hard to keep track.

For listen to the Westmeath lads on the way out of the match. They had 10 normal starters. I can remember see 4 subs used. Maybe a few more in the last few mins. They were missing a few forwards and had a few players playing out of position.
I didn't see Morkan get injury but i do remember him limping but it didn't look bad on the night. i saw him walking off to the dressing room he look fine.

Killeighman
All Star

Post by Killeighman »

He seperated his AC joint but i dont know if it was during the match or in taining afterwards. I dont think we can look into that result or team whatsoever. Offaly are hurling Dublin this weekend in a challenge match but i dont know where it is. We will know more when that team is lined out. Just one more thing.... When will the dual players be released to play games? I saw colin egan play one game for offaly footballers this year. They play hurling challenge match on the weekend of the football league starting. Do we know will they be involved at all through the year?