Senior Hurling Power Rankings

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kinnittyman
All Star

Senior Hurling Power Rankings

Post by kinnittyman »

Just thought I'd put up what I thought would be my power rankings for the clubs prior to the last round of group fixtures and and Quarter Finals

1. Kilcormac / Killoughey - Definitely the team to beat at the moment. Carrying the momentum of last season's campaign and easily beating all opposition

2. Coolderry - Even when lacking a few key players they are easing into Quarter Finals and will be hard stopped when they get all their big guns back.

3. Belmont - Many people will disagree with their high placing but having seen them twice I am hugely impressed with them. Bring loads of physicality to the table but also loads of skill. Mark Egan is hurling up a storm at wing back and they need to leave David Kenny at 6. I think they will have a big say.

4. Birr - Might not be the team of a few years ago but are still a team that will be hard beaten. Don't think they can bridge the gap to K/K but any team with Rory Hanniffy in it can't be discounted.

5. St Rynaghs - People might think they should be ahead of Birr but they were so comprehensively outplayed by Belmont I couldn't do it. If Stephen Quirke isn't home from the States for the Q-Final they could be vulnerable

6. Shinrone - Started with two tough games but have easily dispatched Kinnitty and Lusmagh since. Don't think they have the physicality to go all the way and Belmont at the weekend will be a good barometer of their progress

7. Seir Kieran - Hold Joe Berrgin, you will beat Clareen. They scored 5-17 against a disgraceful Tullamore team and Joe Bergin scored 0-14. So for the rest of the team to only score 3 points between them that evening is fairly worrying. Those 5 goals wont be scored against better teams.

8. Tullamore - Were shameful in their performance against Seir Kieran. Probably not a reflection of where they are really at and Shane Dooley could do serious damage yet but it's nigh on impossible to see them repeating 2009.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Senior Hurling Power Rankings

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Only eight Senior clubs. I thought there were more. Scratches head to think who they might be
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Only eight Senior clubs. I thought there were more. Scratches head to think who they might be

9. Kinnitty

10. Brosna Gaels

11. Lusmagh

12. Drumcullen

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

Very good post Kinnittyman.
1 Kilcormac/Killoughey
2 Coolderry
3 Birr
4 Belmont
5 Seir Kieran
6 St.Rynaghs
7 Shinrone
8 Tullamore

The relegation battle will be very interesting and it looks like Kinnitty V Drumcullen and Brosna Gaels V Lusmagh
9 Brosna Gaels
10 Drumcullen
11 Kinnitty
12 Lusmagh