minor football and hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
brownie
Junior A

minor football and hurling

Post by brownie »

minor teams announced for the games this weekend.i noticed that the hurling team is made up of all senior clubs with no one from north offaly while the football team has just 3 senior clubs represented with no one from clara on the 28 man panel or edenderry on the first 15.are these changing times in offaly gaa for better or worse...surely worrying for the stronger senior football clubs.

DAF
All Star

Re: minor football and hurling

Post by DAF »

Minor Football Result

Offaly 6-10 Meath 3-8

Offaly score 4-6 without reply in the last 20 miinutes.Sounds like a great match

Phoenix
All Star

Post by Phoenix »

A 4-6 run without reply against Meath in Championship. Absolutely amazing. I have to think back to 80 minute senior games more than 40 years ago for anything similar!!

Anybody at it?

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

brownie wrote:minor teams announced for the games this weekend.i noticed that the hurling team is made up of all senior clubs with no one from north offaly while the football team has just 3 senior clubs represented with no one from clara on the 28 man panel or edenderry on the first 15.are these changing times in offaly gaa for better or worse...surely worrying for the stronger senior football clubs.
Changing times indeed , looks like it paid off. Just goes to show in football and hurling every player regardless of what grade he plays is worth a look. The thing I like about this win against Meath is the lads were behind and showed the old Offaly spirit and came back .

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Minor hurling. Offaly 5-23 Carlow 2.10.
They won the game with a strong first half facing a stiff breeze. It was always going to be a matter of how much after that. Glad to say they didn't really take the foot of the pedal and instead kept looking to score as much as the could. Dublin will be a different kettle of fish, but well done to all involved on a good solid performance
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

Down by 8 points before HT & won by 11, that is a great result for Offaly and some turn-up for the the Royals who have been talking, not just Leinster , but All Ireland.

Of course they are not out as they get another chance but I loved the head-line on Hogan Stand "Steam-rolled".

Well done also to the Minor Hurlers. Was listening to radio for a while & it was close at HT when I lost coverage.

Kevin
All Star

Post by Kevin »

Great news on both fronts.

Congrats on a solid start.

Onward!!!
Kevin Clancey. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

great win for both teams well done to all involved