ST MARY'S EDENDERRY

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

ST MARY'S EDENDERRY

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

ST Mary's Edenderry reached another Leinster final after a 3-08 to 14pts win over Marist Athlone.
A fantastic achievement and a credit to all involved. I know they have a big area and a few lads from Kildare, but they are achieving now consistently, and can only be good for the promotion of football in the town.
Anyone know how many are on the team from Offaly?

Final is against St Pats Navan. Surely Mullingar the venue for this? Should be a big occasion.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Re: ST MARY'S EDENDERRY

Post by Lone Shark »

I was otherwise engaged on Saturday so I didn't get over to see them then, however I was at their quarter final win over ACC, when they were quietly impressive. Cein McMonagle is the main man, I believe he was dominant again Saturday.

The team that started that day against ACC included Cormac Hurley (Edy) in goals, Adam Mahon (Edy) at 2, Sean Moriarty (Edy) at 6, Mikey Cleere (Edy) at 10, Peter Connelly (Ballyfore) at 12 and Odhrán Lawton (Edy) at 14. Ruairi McNamee (Rhode) was injured but came off the bench to score a late point.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Team v Marist was

St Mary’s – C Hurley (Edenderry & Captain); D Leech, M Kearney, A Mahon(Edenderry); R Mangan(Edenderry), S Moriarty(Edenderry), S Doran; L Flynn, R Caffrey; M Cleere(Edenderry), C McMonagle, P Connolly(Bally4); I McKeon, D Pyke, R McNamee(Rod)

Subs: J Mulranny for Connolly (35mins), D Kennedy for Mangan (39mins), O Lawton(Edenderry) for Pyke (45mins).
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

brownie
Junior A

Post by brownie »

correction.....mikey cleere is now bally4 im told

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

still underage with edenderry which is what i was going on
8)