A month of Sundays

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

A month of Sundays

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Well lads and lassies. Just wondering does anyone know where I can get a copy of the documentary that was done about the Galway team's road to the All-Ireland in 2001. Seemingly John O'Mahony gives some savage speeches in it and I'd love to get a hold of it. I'm pretty sure it was called a "Month Of Sundays"

Cheers.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Apologies, it was "a year till sunday" i think it was by pat comer, the sub goalie. I think it was about their 98 win.

where you'ld get it though, well i'm no help on that, sorry!

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

You can buy the video on the O'Neills website, just go on to the hoganstand, there's a window pops up for 50% reduction in O'neills, go in there, you'll see a DVD/Video link, go in there & the video "A year til sunday" is there.
I remember it was a fantastic insight in to how a team was coached while on their way to winning an All Ireland, it certainly was leagues better than Westmeath's video....Marooned....which was the most boring documentary ever....all it showed was Paidi is an even bigger boll*cks than I all ready thought he was.

The 1 really disappointing thing about the "year til sunday video" was that the day of the all Ireland final they video'd Ray Silke's half time team, now Silke was apparently a brilliant man to motivate a team....but his half time speech was rubbish. I suspect though that they re-shot the team talk scene cause usually team speeches are not fit to be aired on National television!!!
The Untouchable

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Cheers Untouchable, ill be buying that then. 20 yo yos for those of you that might want to get it too.