Interesting Offaly Jersey Design

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
esto fidelis
Junior C

Interesting Offaly Jersey Design

Post by esto fidelis »

Was having a look at "thegaastore" website lately and theres loads of Nike and Addidas GAA gear on it. I came across this fairly stylish unofficial Offaly jersey from McKeever. The higher white template has shades of the now iconic 1982 shirt.

http://www.thegaastore.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4718

Traditionally Offaly always has had nice shirts with simplistic style - think 80's-90's, but in recent times. Maybe O'Neills could take elements of its design for their next effort!

heman
Junior A

Re: Interesting Offaly Jersey Design

Post by heman »

not a bad jersey,i like the currrent one but the red logo takes away from it a small bit.

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

That looks more like a Meath alternative jersey to me with a bit of white stuck on the front.
There no need to fugg about with perfection. Whatever piping or marking they need to do to modernise the jersey, the basic 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 Green, White and Gold should always be a constant.
Not a 5/8, 2/8 1/8 More capitalist shite exploiting peples emotional attachments.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

dont think that is the new jersey to be honest unless Offaly have changed from regular manufacturers O Neills. There are a few other companies out there that are now licenced to do official Gaa jerseys such as azzuri, Masita, KC Sports and maybe one or two more. Not sure if MCKeever are one of these companies though!!
jimbob

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

jimbob17 wrote:dont think that is the new jersey to be honest unless Offaly have changed from regular manufacturers O Neills. There are a few other companies out there that are now licenced to do official Gaa jerseys such as azzuri, Masita, KC Sports and maybe one or two more. Not sure if MCKeever are one of these companies though!!
There is no official crests on it (Offaly or GAA), so you can take it is just intended as a fashion item.

ryot
All Star
Club: Doon

Post by ryot »

No crests (other than a makey-up bogus job) so no Fee to GAA or Offaly. So its going to be a lot cheaper or make a lot more profit for seller !!!!

I'd prefer the Official & see a few bob going to the County