offaly 2013

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Paddy j
Junior C

offaly 2013

Post by Paddy j »

any idea how we will shape up this year? these posts are a little annoying with teams, but still gets people thinking and might spark a bit of oul intrest in the whole thing.so heres my pop at it
1 mulhall
2 p mconway
3 j maloney
4 s pender
5 m brazil
6 r allen
7 s lonergan
8 n smith
9 r dalton
10 n dunne
11 b connor
12 r brady
13 k casey
14 a sullivan
15 n mcnamee

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Re: offaly 2013

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Good man Paddy! Way too early for me to start worrying bout the Senior side for 2013, have to get me own house in order. Club AGM, weights, pilates, weighloss, make sure we have the right men at the top table come december. MAybe ye should do the same!

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Not a bad aul team, R Brady should remain in Clara, and hopefully B Connor wont remain in the States! Johnny Brickland could be a dark horse.

Paddy j
Junior C

Post by Paddy j »

yea actually young brickland might be a dark horse, brigids POTY . pilates????/

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Post by Abercrombie Fitch »

I'm looking at very similar teams on here every winter. Ridiculous. K Casey is a good intermediate club footballer in Offaly but the bottom line is he's afraid of getting a belt. I never saw a forward capable of scoring when he's constantly lookin over his shoulder.

Nigel Dunne another one who makes these shortlists every time. Lads, its not gonna happen. Or if it does then Div 4 will be a long term reality.

Commentayto-r
Junior C

Post by Commentayto-r »

Any views on how the offaly senior hurling team could line out in 2013?

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

After all the hype of Rynaghs making ot to the final, any thoughts on how many, if any would be called into the senior panel?

jimbob17
All Star

Post by jimbob17 »

Id imagine that a few would get looked at at least...Pat Camon definitely worth a shot and will develop over time. Wynne and Horan will most likely be back as they has been there the last few years and both had a good year. of the new potential, G Conneely and Kelly worth a look in my opinion. Steven Quirke was tidy in the forwards too and should be brought in for experience and strength work. Scales wouldnt have the physical size for senior county even if he is wuite skillful...Not too many others that havent been in before imo.....Interesting to see what is added from KK though...
jimbob

classof81
Junior B
Club: rhode

Post by classof81 »

paddy j,u have two from edenderry and 2 from rhode,are u sayin rhode player for player arent much stronger than eden?did alan mc not give dalton a roasting in the championship and he not on it?has shane sullivan not had his best year for rhode in a long time?also would consider giving mark dunne another go

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

i would agree with jimbob Pat Camon deserves a shot i thought he played well this year , Horan will be there again , i thought Gary Kelly played well in the final and if he could get a bit fitter he might be worth a look at hes a big man and can take a score.

bracknaghboy
All Star

Post by bracknaghboy »

Bring back DIGGY!

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

Class of 81 would you like 15 Rhode men on the team? I just wanna confirm something, you mentioned Alan McNamee roasting Dalton. Were you just making a point about Dalton or are you possibly suggesting Alan needs to be involved with Offaly in 2013? Alan Mac was the worst player on the field v Kildare last summer by a country mile, and it wasn't just fitness, he had no interest in tracking back and if he is recalled to the Offaly panel again then I'll be flabbergasted.

A great servant but has been way off inter county level for 3 or 4 years.

High School Musical
All Star
Club: St. Vincents

Post by High School Musical »

I have to agree with Mr. Abercrombie Fitch.
While I do find his clothing range to be utterly boring, bland, overpriced & ridiculously over-hyped, he does make some valid points. Alan McNamee has not been up to intercounty standard for the last few years. He has looked disinterested for some time now. I'd not only be very surprised if he shows up on the team this year but also disappointed as I would see it as one massive step back for Offaly.
Shane Sullivan, despite having a good year, is another who I feel has his best days behind him and, for the development of the county team, should be left off the panel. He has had plenty of disciplinary problems in the past too which I feel we could do without being repeated, going forward, as the big man himself says.

puzzled
All Star
Club: neutral

Post by puzzled »

Delighted to hear Stephen Byrne has been appointed as selector for next year as far as im concerned its a very positive move by Ollie Baker.
Byrne is a guy that knows the hurling scene inside out,a young positive coach with all the attributes to be a top manager some day.
Good appointment for all concerned!

Abercrombie Fitch
County player

High School Musical, you are very much mistaken. The Abercrombie Fitch clothing line is not mine, it is merely called after me.

On a totally different topic, what do we all think about recruiting players from other counties for 2013. Look at David Henry in Raheny, he captained the Dubs in 2010, was a consistent corner back on the many Leinster winning teams and was used off the bench in the All Ireland team of last year. Both parents from Clara and would walk onto the Offaly team. Considers himself half Dub, half Offaly.

Every club must have players like this. If we don't ask them we'll never know.