Intermediate Football Final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
hard2watch
Junior A

Intermediate Football Final

Post by hard2watch »

This game looks like it has been changed to Saturday the 13th Oct.At the start of the year most people would have expected to see St Bridgets reach this stage albeit they haven,t looked great in all their games so far.They arent saying much about Caseys injury but anyone that scores 3-04 in the semi final cant be too injured..He wont be allowed that latitude in the final against an ever improving Ballyfore side who give total commitment to their tackles and play in general..Its great to see Ballyfore back in a final and credit must go to Decky Gorman who has set up a positive system of play in his first year at the helm.Bridgets go in as favourites and rightly so considering they threw the final away lastyear but that will be a point of concern to them too,especially if Ballyfore are still in this game after 40 mins..

offaly2012
Junior A

Re: Intermediate Football Final

Post by offaly2012 »

Hardtowatch ?? This game looks like it has been changed to Saturday the 13th Oct.????

Where did you hear or see this ????

offaly2012
Junior A

Post by offaly2012 »

This change you stated s depending on minor result

hard2watch
Junior A

Post by hard2watch »

Its confirmed that this game is now on Sat 13th Oct (this sat) in O Connor Park at 3pm..

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

St Brigids 1-12
Ballyfore 2-8

Great game today with St Brigids scoring 2 very late points to win the game.Bobby Troys pass for the last score was sublime. Ballyfores 2 goals came from hopeful balls into the square which weren't dealt with by the goalie. Croghan played some exceptional football in the first half and the movement of their forward line was brilliant with all of them fluidly switching positions.Johnny Brickland was outstanding in midfield particularly in the first half and looks like a good candidate for Offaly.David Egan was brilliant in the first half but he seemed to be carrying and injury in the second half and Croghan went out of the game without his influence and Ballyfore managed to win some ball in midfield as well which brought them back into it.

As a matter of interest how many players from Edenderry were playing for Ballyfore. I know 3 for certain were from Edenderry and I have a feeling there were a few more.

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

Any truth to the rumour that St Brigids used 6 subs?

classof81
Junior B
Club: rhode

Post by classof81 »

ye heard that to

DAF
All Star

Post by DAF »

David Egan was taken off early in the second half.It was announced over the P.A system that it was a normal subsititution, he was then brought back on for a different player than the one he replaced and again this was announced as a normal substitution on the P.A system.I didnt count the number of subs copming and going but I suspect this may be the thing that caused 6 subs to be used.The P.A systyem is probably not the most reliable of sources and they could have made a mistake although David Egan did not look to be bleeding.Offaly did something similar against Kildare in 2006.

Daleamar
County player

Post by Daleamar »

DAF wrote:David Egan was taken off early in the second half.It was announced over the P.A system that it was a normal subsititution, he was then brought back on for a different player than the one he replaced and again this was announced as a normal substitution on the P.A system.I didnt count the number of subs copming and going but I suspect this may be the thing that caused 6 subs to be used.The P.A systyem is probably not the most reliable of sources and they could have made a mistake although David Egan did not look to be bleeding.Offaly did something similar against Kildare in 2006.
Will/can this have any consequences? If not, then why is there a rule on it at all?... Also, being that it was a county final, with 2 linesmen as well as the ref, how can the linesman that grabs the player from running onto the field, if he tries to go too early, not keep account? Its absolutely ridiculous. not too sure but I assume the lineman gets paid too? Im not blaming the ref here, so much that he has to watch, but the linesman has to be culpable.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

according to the heading in the offaly topic ballyfore won anyway :D :roll:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Obviously no truth to the rumour!
Come on Delamar? Linesmen getting paid, what planet are you on? Yeh and the ref are on £80k a year like Clattenberg.