Tanner with the Guards?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Tanner with the Guards?

Post by Lone Shark »

Just saw the Garda college team from yesterday's Fitzgibbon cup:

GARDA COL - B O'Donnell; I Delaney, D Boland, J Bulger; B Duff, P Sexton, A Kelly; J Woodlock, N O'Donovan; H Coughlan, C McNamara, V Hurley; D Kennedy, E Maher, C O'Mahony. Subs: D Tanner for Sexton, K Conneely for Coughlan, B Moran for Kennedy, P Kinsella for O'Mahony

Is that St. Rynagh's Declan Tanner that came off the bench - he did replace a half back? If so, you have to wonder how he's not able to get on a team like this. I have no idea who A Kelly or B Duff are, but surely if this guy is a county contender for us he should be on a team like this?

I'm very open to correction here however, if he was injured or anything. Rynagh's Biffo, speak now .... :D

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Speaking as a rynaghs man, I can safely say its Declan. as far as i know, he was in templemore before christmas so im guessing he's still there.

I havent a clue of any of the others players, apart from E Maher, from Tipperary I think?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

It's not that I understood who all the other guys were, I just picked the two wingbacks as examples of lads that you would hope a county player would be able to displace. All that said, I don't know if he was fully fit/able to train etc..... so I won't go judging just yet.