Hurling Championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
KillougheyGoBragh
County player
Club: KK

Re: Hurling Championship

Post by KillougheyGoBragh »

Congratulations Sir.
Its been a long time in coming.
I hope the success is thoroughly enjoyed.
Wishing you and yours success in the upcoming Leinster campaign.
Many thanks Kevin its great
A small club like Kilcormac-Killoughey? A club that can field 3 teams every year, and spans from drumcullen to mucklagh and down into ballyboy, mountbolous etc can hardly be called a small club? Certainly not a small club by offalys standards.
Sorry GWAG never was much good at geography but always wondered why it took me so long to walk home from the Harriers on a Saturday night.
Lave dat man alone greenwhiteand gold
Thanks Goofy still very tender after the alcohol excesses and and the words of that song that was played 20 something times in Feighery's keeps ringing in my ears.
"Rock me mama like a wagon wheel, rock me mama any way you feel"

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

An IHC relegation final has been fixed for Sunday between Crinkill and Ballyskenach. I am surprised.

The Senior football championship consisted of 11 teams this year, because Rahan were relegated last year and no-one was promoted, and it was decided that no-one would be relegated from Senior football this year.

The same scenario applied to Intermediate hurling - Killavilla were relegated at the end of last year but because St Rynagh's won the Junior championship and already had an Intermediate team they were not promoted. Shinrone won the Junior last Sunday and it was logical that there would be a nice, round dozen teams in the IHC next year. That doesn't seem to be the case though. It seems inconsistent. In fact, it IS inconsistent. And odd.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:An IHC relegation final has been fixed for Sunday between Crinkill and Ballyskenach. I am surprised.

The Senior football championship consisted of 11 teams this year, because Rahan were relegated last year and no-one was promoted, and it was decided that no-one would be relegated from Senior football this year.

The same scenario applied to Intermediate hurling - Killavilla were relegated at the end of last year but because St Rynagh's won the Junior championship and already had an Intermediate team they were not promoted. Shinrone won the Junior last Sunday and it was logical that there would be a nice, round dozen teams in the IHC next year. That doesn't seem to be the case though. It seems inconsistent. In fact, it IS inconsistent. And odd.

There are moves afoot for Killavilla and Skenach to join for next year, so if skenach are relegated then the Junior championship would surely be Skenach/Avillas to lose
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

joe bloggs wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:An IHC relegation final has been fixed for Sunday between Crinkill and Ballyskenach. I am surprised.

There are moves afoot for Killavilla and Skenach to join for next year, so if skenach are relegated then the Junior championship would surely be Skenach/Avillas to lose
Are ya just messing here joe or did you hear that the two teams were thinking of joining up? If they did they would be way to strong for junior A and surely as they would be a new team then they would have to start like brosna gaels and work their way up from junior B? The junior A is very hard won by teams that only have one team, its seems that alot of the teams that have intermedate or senior teams play some of these players in the group stages of the junior A and when it comes to knock out stages these teams are weakened by the fact that 5 or 6 players are gone back to play with the inters/seniors. Ballinamere drew with shinrone in the group stages 3-10 each and last sunday they were played off the pitch scoring just 2 points in the first half.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

Seems like you were right bloggs , Skenach/ Villa are joining forces and will compete in the IHC this year and also enter a team in the Junior B championship.

Troy boy
Junior B

Post by Troy boy »

kingscounty wrote:Seems like you were right bloggs , Skenach/ Villa are joining forces and will compete in the IHC this year and also enter a team in the Junior B championship.

They'll be hard bet. They'll give the junior B a right crack too.

timber
All Star

Post by timber »

A Skenach/Villa combo should really win the intermediate this year. Its not all that long ago both were senior. They may have lost players but I would expect them to win intermediate with the pick of the two clubs best. The second team should be strong enough also.

Rynaghs were strong last year in intermediate and were close enough to beating Lusmagh. They would be very fancied also. Then again, Rynaghs had a few lads who would have made an impact at senior level and could have helped them beat KK. Decision time. If they want to win the senior they need all the best hurling that grade.