Offaly senior football team 2012

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
fluffkthatcrap
Junior C
Club: junior c

Offaly senior football team 2012

Post by fluffkthatcrap »

any1 willin t hav a craic at the offaly 15 for d game against kildare?

happy harry
Intermediate

Re: offaly senior football team 2012

Post by happy harry »

It's far to early to B pickn a team to face Kildare next may. Form , team patterns and so on will dictate who starts on the day. However if I was asked to pick what I taught d best 15 in Offaly would be (all playm Wel , not realistic but way d hel ) I'd have d following. 1 k Meehan (v natural n composed) 2 Brian Darby ( tough n expirtienced ) 3 j Maloney ( young n v good player who needs to b playm at 3) 4. S pender ( best bk on county) 5 s lonergan ( underrated ). 6 r Allen ( v HUD year with gracefield) 7 s guing ( played excellent go ederry and no 7 his best position) 8 r dalton( footballer of d year elect) 9 n smith ( class fielder n brilliant when on song) 10 a Sullivan ( best player in Offaly after Niall) 11 Nigel Dunne ( nominated for blue star in Dublin and is in top 5 players in Offaly when at his best) 12 n Connor ( such a raw talent he has it all , ) 13 k casey( speed to burn) j Reynolds ( strong and is better than people give him credit for). 15 nialler( presuming he comes bk, the best in d county by mile )

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

happy harry wrote:It's far to early to B pickn a team to face Kildare next may. Form , team patterns and so on will dictate who starts on the day. However if I was asked to pick what I taught d best 15 in Offaly would be (all playm Wel , not realistic but way d hel ) I'd have d following. 1 k Meehan (v natural n composed) 2 Brian Darby ( tough n expirtienced ) 3 j Maloney ( young n v good player who needs to b playm at 3) 4. S pender ( best bk on county) 5 s lonergan ( underrated ). 6 r Allen ( v HUD year with gracefield) 7 s guing ( played excellent go ederry and no 7 his best position) 8 r dalton( footballer of d year elect) 9 n smith ( class fielder n brilliant when on song) 10 a Sullivan ( best player in Offaly after Niall) 11 Nigel Dunne ( nominated for blue star in Dublin and is in top 5 players in Offaly when at his best) 12 n Connor ( such a raw talent he has it all , ) 13 k casey( speed to burn) j Reynolds ( strong and is better than people give him credit for). 15 nialler( presuming he comes bk, the best in d county by mile )
Any chance of posting that in non-mangled txt speak?
Life's too short to be trying to translate.

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Whos N Connor at 12?
Post away lad, we welcome all types here, if you cant spell properly just do the best ewe kan!!

fiesta flyer
Junior C
Club: offaly

Post by fiesta flyer »

1. alan mulhall (walsh island)
2. sean pender (edenderry)
3. colin egan ( ferbane )
4.brian darby ( rhode )
5. karl slattery ( gracefield )
6.ross brady ( clara)
7. gharam guilfoyle (clara)
8. niall smith (gracefield)
9. ritiche dalton (edenderry)
10. anton sullivan (rhode)
11. aidan keenaghan (ferbane)
12. derek kelly (edenderry)
13. ken casey ( st bridgets)
14. niall mcnamee (rhode)
15. thomas deehan (clara)

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

fiesta flyer wrote:1. alan mulhall (walsh island)
2. sean pender (edenderry)
3. colin egan ( ferbane )
4.brian darby ( rhode )
5. karl slattery ( gracefield )
6.ross brady ( clara)
7. gharam guilfoyle (clara)
8. niall smith (gracefield)
9. ritiche dalton (edenderry)
10. anton sullivan (rhode)
11. aidan keenaghan (ferbane)
12. derek kelly (edenderry)
13. ken casey ( st bridgets)
14. niall mcnamee (rhode)
15. thomas deehan (clara)
On what basis are you picking Ross Brady. Nothing against the lad and I'll support him whenever he puts on the jersey, but he has played absolutely awful in 90% of the games he's played for Offaly, and didn't Stand out at all in any of Clara's knockout games in the championship. Sometimes I wonder if some of the people on this site have actually been to an Offaly game in their lives.

darknight
Junior B
Club: ferbane

Post by darknight »

1. k meehan (clara)
2. s pender (edenderry)
3. c egan (ferbane)
4. g grehan(ferbane)
5. k slattery (gracefield)
6. j.maloney(tullamore)
7. b.darby(rhode)
8. r.dalton (edenderry)
9. n.smith (gracefield)
10. a sullivan (rhode)
11. b.connor (walsh island)
12. n.darby (rhode)
13. w.mulhall (walsh island)
14. a.keenaghan (ferbane)
15. n.macnamee (rhode)

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Why are lads leaving out the best young centre back in the game this year in offaly Gracefields Ruairi Allen.
Sean Pender from Edenderry would also be worth a run there.

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

have to agree with townman allen played great at centre back this year with gracefield and would definitely be worth his place at centre back on the offaly team. someone has ross brady at centre back , i wouldnt have him on the clara senior team he didnt play well at all this year.

jacknjones
Junior C

Post by jacknjones »

have to agree with townman on Ruairi Allen, he was outstanding this year! also surely clara bein county finalists should be worth 2 or 3 players Darknight?? I could name 20 natural corner backs one being from Grehans own club, Liam Brown who would be far more appropriate in the corner surely?? :? :roll:

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Offaly experimental teams for 2012 should be the heading! Ross Brady?? Forget it lads, we need to go after pace in the team, this has been the big downfall.
Will come back to this by the middle of March, would expect to see a few u21 lads make an impact on the championship and push for the Senior team.
One thing will be to see an injury free Anton (fingers crossed) as he will be a vital player for us in 2012. Any word on his progress?

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

happy harry wrote:It's far to early to B pickn a team to face Kildare next may. Form , team patterns and so on will dictate who starts on the day. However if I was asked to pick what I taught d best 15 in Offaly would be (all playm Wel , not realistic but way d hel ) I'd have d following. 1 k Meehan (v natural n composed) 2 Brian Darby ( tough n expirtienced ) 3 j Maloney ( young n v good player who needs to b playm at 3) 4. S pender ( best bk on county) 5 s lonergan ( underrated ). 6 r Allen ( v HUD year with gracefield) 7 s guing ( played excellent go ederry and no 7 his best position) 8 r dalton( footballer of d year elect) 9 n smith ( class fielder n brilliant when on song) 10 a Sullivan ( best player in Offaly after Niall) 11 Nigel Dunne ( nominated for blue star in Dublin and is in top 5 players in Offaly when at his best) 12 n Connor ( such a raw talent he has it all , ) 13 k casey( speed to burn) j Reynolds ( strong and is better than people give him credit for). 15 nialler( presuming he comes bk, the best in d county by mile )
What happy pills were you taking Harry. No strenght down the centre. Midfield is a problem area anyway as we all know with a lack of talent but going with the other lads you named in central roles is just unthinkable. Allen would be the only real contender after a good season but Gracefield were set up for him more to play as a sweeper and forget about the centre forward.

And you are incorrect. Dunne was not one of the 60 nominated players for the great blue star awards. If any Offaly man was in the running it would have been Conor Evans.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Naming teams at this stage of the game is a bit whimsical but i'll just throw this nugget out there.

A suggestion for my ideal inside forward line -
13. Shane Dooley 14. John Coughlan 15. Niall McNamee

In McNamee and Dooley(if ye could get him to commit from the small ball) you have two finishers who have the requisite pace, strength and confidence to destroy most inter county corner backs at their ease once they are getting good quality ball.

I dont believe we have gotten the best out of our import from St. Sylvesters. A big unit, good pair of hands, good in the air and reasonably mobile the placing of Coughlan on the edge of the square will allow Offaly a decent outlet for the long ball and there isnt too many full backs that will field it against him. Even if they do all they will do is break it allowing the other two to pick up the scraps. As well as that he could be the first line of defence against a lot of opposing teams who have a tendancy to build from the back nowadays.

Like it or lump it size is crucial in inter county football and I would give him 5/6 games there and see how he gets on. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything

osteitis pubis
Junior C

Post by osteitis pubis »

try dooley in league but if he doesnt cut the mustard leave him but i still cant picture him playin footnall with offaly??? :roll: were would he get the time to commit to two both hurlers and footballers and his local club aswell

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

True Red wrote:Naming teams at this stage of the game is a bit whimsical but i'll just throw this nugget out there.

A suggestion for my ideal inside forward line -
13. Shane Dooley 14. John Coughlan 15. Niall McNamee

In McNamee and Dooley(if ye could get him to commit from the small ball) you have two finishers who have the requisite pace, strength and confidence to destroy most inter county corner backs at their ease once they are getting good quality ball.

I dont believe we have gotten the best out of our import from St. Sylvesters. A big unit, good pair of hands, good in the air and reasonably mobile the placing of Coughlan on the edge of the square will allow Offaly a decent outlet for the long ball and there isnt too many full backs that will field it against him. Even if they do all they will do is break it allowing the other two to pick up the scraps. As well as that he could be the first line of defence against a lot of opposing teams who have a tendancy to build from the back nowadays.

Like it or lump it size is crucial in inter county football and I would give him 5/6 games there and see how he gets on. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
yes not a bad idea Shane Dooley is one of the best forwards in offaly club football over the last few year's, but can't see him playing football with the county.