Hurling to return to St Brendan's Park

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Re: Hurling to return to St Brendan's Park

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Not only that, but you can stay on in SBP for a Womens' football match betwixt Limerick and Roscommon which is on at 7pm.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

lads just go to the game and don't be looking for reasons where the game should be.
but sure if we lose we will have we should have played it in tullamore we wouldn't have lost there.

kinnittyman
All Star

Post by kinnittyman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Not only that, but you can stay on in SBP for a Womens' football match betwixt Limerick and Roscommon which is on at 7pm.
Hold on a minute....!! A football match in Birr?? Does Daithi Regan know this is happening?? Surely this game should be in Tullamore???

Offaly Hurling Man "couldn't watch a football match after a hurling match!"

JohnnyB
Junior C
Club: Birr

Post by JohnnyB »

Good to see the minor match coming back to Birr hopefully we can do the business against Carlow

on the other hand i have been told that the u21 final that Birr staged last year and had a crowd of around 2500 has been moved back to Tullamore for this years decider

JohnnyB
Junior C
Club: Birr

Post by JohnnyB »

kinnittyman wrote:
Plain of the Herbs wrote:Not only that, but you can stay on in SBP for a Womens' football match betwixt Limerick and Roscommon which is on at 7pm.
Hold on a minute....!! A football match in Birr?? Does Daithi Regan know this is happening?? Surely this game should be in Tullamore???

in my last comment i left out the part that i thought it was a disgrace that this u21 final is moved to tullamore a joke ... it is a game between ryanghs and shinrone if it was played in birr would have alot more onlookers as it is in the hurling hinterland...... as for daithi he may be a bit head strong but at the same time does he not make a valid point about where these games should be rightfully held

I for one will not attend a game in tullamore and will be at attendence of the game between offaly in carlow so i will be number 51 including the 50 goin to tullamore but i would not attend this game in tullamore nor would i attend the u21 finally

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

kinnittyman wrote:

Daithi has a under 21 final to worry about :wink:

joe bloggs
All Star

Post by joe bloggs »

A good crowd in this evening for the minors. Probably somewhere between 1000-1500 which would be a lot more than have attended these fixtures when in Tullamore. A larger support can only be a positive for young players.
'if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem' J. McClean

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

yes way more there than last years numbers in tellamore, good to see the under 21 final is there to
next weekend makes sence.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

Birr stalwart Eoin Hayes was quoted in the cherry tree enjoying a few pints at the weekend as saying "its a great joy to see hurling return to Birr.. Now I wont have to burn petrol driving to OCP to watch Offaly hurl.."

Ahlethimoutwithit
All Star

Post by Ahlethimoutwithit »

Ballinamere should be banned from the site and that post removed immediately

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I think all Offaly matches should be played in Lusmagh. It would save me burning petrol going to matches in Tellamore, Birr, Dublin, Wexford, Cork and anywhere else.
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

ballinamereman1 wrote:Birr stalwart Eoin Hayes was quoted in the cherry tree enjoying a few pints at the weekend as saying "its a great joy to see hurling return to Birr.. Now I wont have to burn petrol driving to OCP to watch Offaly hurl.."
sure Ballinamere wouldn't know where ST.Brendans park is :lol:

King Kev
Intermediate

Post by King Kev »

Shur let balinamereman1 blow all the smoke he wants. Does anyone actually care what he says? I agree with you POTH about the games been in lusmagh. Tip into Dinnys after for a big bag of penny sweets. Happy days.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

Yer all funny men arnt ye.. If any of you of something to say come down to Ballinamere and say it.. Il take on any of you one on one anytime you want.. Your all big when your behind the computer king kev.. Nothing but a keyboard warrior.. Il thump the head off you..

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

Thats Hilarious
If you don’t stand for something you fall for anything