Happy Christmas

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Happy Christmas

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Hope yee all have a great Christmas and heres hoping to a successful 2006 for Offaly, and Ferbane! :lol:

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Many happy returns'' Man from Ferbane''. Lets hope by this time next year our footballers and hurlers will have given us plenty to shout about and for Gracefield to beat Ferbane in the county final next September.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Seasons greetings.

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I just want to wish all contributors here a happy and peaceful Christmas.
I've enjoyed the debate here in the last year, hopefully 2006 will have as many twists and turns as 2005 had for the green, white and gold, but come to a happier end.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

happy christmas everyone!

what time are the christmas drinks in martins on saturday??

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Happy christmas folks!

Not sure about Martins - the tradition of the Cosy on Christmas Eve is running too long to even contemplate breaking it, but if people wanted to have a social few drinks somewhere neutral between Christmas and New years, it might be a plan - any thoughts?

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

you can do both!

As Such Ger
County player

Post by As Such Ger »

just wondering how that works if there is a physical gathering of site members? are there certain rules of engagement:

1. use of uibhfhaili.com names only, to hide identity in case any of our comrades gets captured by the authorities in O Connor Park. etc.

or is it simply a case of "Rule number one - you do not talk about uibhfhaili.com" rule number two "there are no rules"

Also, Lone shark... i notice that u have a report of a Laois game and none of the U21 final.... have we lost u to the dark side, and can be expecting a laoise.com next season ???

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

Nollaig Shona agus Athbhliain faoi mhaise daoibh go leir.

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

As Such Ger wrote: Also, Lone shark... i notice that u have a report of a Laois game and none of the U21 final.... have we lost u to the dark side, and can be expecting a laoise.com next season ???
Far from it, I can assure you! Sadly my sole waged employment until the new year is the local papers, so you'll find I am wherever I'm sent in that regard. The only reason that I wasn't at the U-21 match was that I had committed to going to the Whipping Boy Concert that night from some time ago. A dodgy call at the best of times, a horrendous one in hindsight.

As Such Ger
County player

Post by As Such Ger »

dont tell me that u wasted 27 Euro on that Whipping Boy rubbish too.... what a bag of sh*te it was, ur man actually managed to ruin the concert single handedly. the burning of the independent was some statement, I was expecting riots down Dame St. afterwards with his 'revolution' ... i hope he puts the proceeds towards his retirement fund, and stays there this time.

It also caused me to miss the Under21 match, anyone have any comments on it? Congrats to Rhode, 4 in a row right, thats a great achievement at that level

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

Happy Christmas and New Year to all on the board!

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

Happy Christmas and Happy New Year to all on http://www.uibhfhaili.com

I was at the Under 21 final on Sunday. St. Michaels were supreme in the first fifteen minutes with Niall McNamee and David Egan making hay up front given the advantages of wind and slope. The St. Michaels forwards were getting superb service e.g. two driven deliveries from Shane Sullivan which were textbook examples of "forwards" ball. The score-taking was excellent, exhibition stuff from all angles and distances.

Tullamore's goal was created by an excellent ball from the Drogheda Utd. soccer player Kevin Williamson and set the match up for the second half. The breeze was quite strong and it looked as if Tullamore still had a shout.

Tullamore won plenty of possession in the second half but the St. Michaels backs were heroic and the Blues found scores difficult to come by. James Keane, Buckley and O'Grady were missed from the Tullamore line-up. Shane Dooley was impressive all through and made the most of anything that came his way. The St. Michaels forwards got the odd score but missed chances from frees and play when the pressure was on. They were still comfortable though and the 2nd Tullamore goal came on full time - the referee whistled as the kick out reached centre field.

Tullamore brought on Eoin Marsden as their last throw which showed the respect they have for the 16 year old. I notice that Kevin Corrigan has an article about him in the Tribune this week which is basically a prayer to God that Eoin doesn't desert the GAA for golf.

Tullamore players who caught my eye were Stephen Egan (marking Ken Casey), "Speedy"? Stephen Touhey, Paul McConway, Eddie Dunne and Shane Dooley. Overall Tullamore were well-drilled and tidy in their football but prone to over-elaboration.

St. Michaels didn't have any weak links - all the Rhode senior players played well (Mark Cassidy, Brian Darby, Eoin Byrne, Mark Cole, Pauric Sullivan, Mark Cole, Garret Hickey, Niall McNamee) but the likes of David Egan, Ciaran Heavey and Niall Derby also showed up well. Chino and Pauric Sullivan got involved in a few spats but overall it was a very clean game.

So a good game with St. Michaels the deserving victors for their Four-In-A-Row. Should these two teams meet next year it'll be a cracker with Tullamore bringing on more of the players from the Three-In-A-Row minor teams.

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

A Very Happy Xmas and a Sucessful New Year for 2006 from everyone at the cloghan end of the Rynaghs Parish. Lets hope 2006 will be a good one for us, any for good things to debates against this time!!

See ye all in the Cosy on Christmas Eve!!!

Rynaghs Biffo

azoffaly
All Star

Post by azoffaly »

Nollaig Shona daoibh, and here's hoping ye all have a great 2006. Please God it'll be a green, white and gold one on the fields of Ireland.

Uibh Fhailí Abú

The Biff
All Star

From me

Post by The Biff »

Happy Christmas to one and all, and a very Prosperous New Year in 2006, both in your own pockets and on the GAA fields thoughout the World. :D