Kilmurray Interview ?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Kilmurray Interview ?

Post by the bare biffo »

Just wondering was Kevin Kilmurray apprached by the shark for an interview along the lines of the one given by John McIntyre ?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

He was indeed. To give his own response without editorialising in as much as I can remember:

"There has been too much talk surrounding Offaly football in recent years, and no results to match it. Last year I listened to too many people, and now this year I'm going to do things my way, and only my way. I just want us to work hard, keep our heads down, and let other teams do the talking - so I won't be doing any interviews, and we'll try and let our footbnall do the talking."

That isn't word for word, but it's as close as I can recall. Read from it what you will.

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

A very bullish response from Offaly's man in charge.Cant say that i disagree with him as regards all the talk that has gone on.Seems he has set his own agenda for the coming year and he isnt going to be swayed from it.

Hopefully this agenda will turn out to be a good one.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Lets hope he has the cop on to learn from his mistakes from the year gone by, because the pressure will be on him from the start of the league onwards and if we were to be relegated the knives will be sharpening big time before the championship even begins.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I support Mr Kilmurray's resolve not to capitulate to the media

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I can't say I'm hugely encouraged by this attitude to be honest. If last year was good for anything, it should have been a learning curve for our management team. Meath U-21's, Carlow and Cork in the league all got results against us where we were the better team, due to having more nous on the sideline. In my humble opinion Kilmurray would do well to take more opinions on board - he is a novice manager after all, even if he is very qualified as a player.

I'm not in the least bit concerned about his reluctance to give an interview - I just don't know if a one man band is really the best way forward. Time will tell though.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

NO, no, he's right.

The Biff
All Star

Kilmurray

Post by The Biff »

He's from Daingean; of course he's right. :!:

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Lets hope his man management skills are better than last year, we don't want some of our top players walking out four days before a big game, as well as one of our most popular and longest serving players having to tell him a few home truths in a crowded dressing room after the Carlow match.

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Kilmurray

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Does "Last year I listened to too many people," include the fella who was on hand in row A to inform Kilmurray how much time was left in the Laois match? :lol:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Re: Kilmurray

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:Does "Last year I listened to too many people," include the fella who was on hand in row A to inform Kilmurray how much time was left in the Laois match? :lol:
Did the same spectator advise KK against making any tactical substitutions as well :D