Tullamore v Shamrocks U21 semi.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
black and red exile
All Star

Tullamore v Shamrocks U21 semi.

Post by black and red exile »

As we eagerly trotted along to Durrow,to watch an intriguing local derby with Tullamore and Shamrocks,on a very cold winters afternoon, we were quite taken aback at the gate to be told that there were no programmes available, and then to get a second shock to find out there was'nt even a scoreboard which at this day and age in a championship semi final basically resembles something you would see on Craggy Island.
So as we settled into the freezing cold stand, programme and scoreboardless, I was wondering that outside of the few county players on view, how I was going to keep track of who was who on both teams. Luckily I was in the company of BOG MAN who was very familar with alot of the players on both teams. Basically the scoreline of 1.12 to 0.5 tells its own story, Tullamore were far more superior in every sector of the field from 1to 15, most notable players to stand out for Tullamore were no 4 Stephen Deegan, centre back Paul McConway, NO 7 Stephen Tuohy, half forwards Kevin Williamson and Eddie Dunne, with the latter especially kicking some nice points from play in the second half.Shane Dooley at no 14 had a very prominent first half but he seemed to go out of it a bit in the second half, although it was probably understandable that after a first half score of 0.6 to 0.1, the game was over bar the shouting. With just 4 minutes gone in the second half, with even against the breeze, Tullamore kicked four points in succession to kill the game off as a contest,after that it was just damage limitation for Shamrocks who at one stage in the second half had four under 16s on the field,who no doubt have plenty of potential for an exciting future but in a game like this and with so much at stake it was too much to expect young kids to have any major influence on a game that was really well out of reach by half time
Two players for Shamrocks who you would expect to make an influence on proceedings, Thomas Coughlan and Stephen ''Debbie'' Dunne were largely anonymous, never got into the game,and were second fiddle in the midfield section which must have greatly dissapointed the Shamrocks supporters. No doubt Tullamore will have a far more testing hour next Sunday 11th Dec against St Michaels who beat Shannon Gaels by 3 points, it has all the makings of a thrilling contest.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Saw this game and to be honest while it was okay in quality, I'd fear for Tullamore V Rhode.
Tullamore have a nice team, but on the balance a bit young when compared to Rhode's offering.

Was very dissappointed with S Delaney- I know he was injured in some way, but this seems to happen a fair bit with him

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Good point Barracuda, he did seem to be carrying a leg last Sunday and struggled to get into the game. I would wonder is he going to be one of those players that is never going to fulfill his potential he showed a couple of years ago, especially on the hurling front.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Lets just say when the chop comes - as it will in Jan for the U21's, I dont expect to see him clear the last fence.
Not sure how committed he is ?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Even more surprisingly he's still in McIntyre's full panel if I'm not mistaken - I can't imagine he'd survive too long there if he's short on commitment.