Offaly vs Tippearly NHL Round 4 13/3/2011

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
townman
All Star

Offaly vs Tippearly NHL Round 4 13/3/2011

Post by townman »

not looking forward to this match one bit we have lost Shane Dooley and Ger Healion from last week
plus tipp have put out a strong team with Eoin Kelly making his first start of the league add in the form
of Noel McGrath and Pa Bourke and the way high scores are been got again us it could be a long day.

this is the team i think Joe should go with if we are still missing the lads that missed the Dublin game as well
as Brian Mulrooneys red card its not the best of teams but what can you do

1. James Dempsey
2. David Franks (Should be fit now)
3. Peter Healion (if kenny is out)
4. Stephen Egan
5. mick Verney
6. Rory Hanniffy
7. Derek Morkham
8. Dylan Hayden
9. Connor Mahon
10.Brian Carroll
11.Joe Bergin
12. Micheal Cordial
13.Cathal Parlon
14. Colin Egan
15. Daniel Curram's

its not the best but if picked its the best we have well its just my opinion.

john123
Junior C

Re: Offaly vs Tippearly NHL Round 4 13/3/2011

Post by john123 »

Is there any other county team with players the size of those two helions?? Ger could hardly go down on the ball last weekend!! Are they doing any training at all?? :roll:

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Post by Offaly2010 »

Offaly team vs Tipperary:

1.James Dempsey
2.Michael Verney
3.David Kenny
4.Stephen Egan
5.Dylan Hayden
6.Rory Hannify
7.Derek Morkham
8.Conor Mahon
9.Michael Cordial
10.Joe Bergin
11.Daniel Currams
12.James Mulrooney
13.Brian Carroll
14.Colin Egan
15.Odhran Kealey

Tipperary team vs Offaly:
1.Brendan Cummins
2.Michael Cahill
3.Paul Curran
4.Eddie Connolly
5.John O'Keefe
6.Padraic Maher
7.David Young
8.Georaid Ryan
9.Brendan Maher
10.Benny Dunne
11.Noel McGrath
12.Patrick Maher
13.Paul Kelly
14.Eoin Kelly
15.Pa Bourke

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

Post by fifitrixiebelle »

that was some bateing today by a tipp team that were way off the pace and tried out a raft of new lads. i really fear for the wexford match now

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:that was some bateing today by a tipp team that were way off the pace and tried out a raft of new lads. i really fear for the wexford match now
were you at the match

tipptopper25
Junior A

Post by tipptopper25 »

Offaly people very quiet on this thread. Normally yee are on here slating Tipp and telling us how good the cats are. I have been saying for a long time that Offaly hurling is in a dark place at the moment. I was at the game yesterday. Offaly will struggle to stay in division 1. I watched both teams warm up on the back field in nenagh. Tipp must have been out warming up for about 40 mins before Offaly came out. The Tipp warm up was sharp and fast while I have seen junior
C teams show more intensity during a warm up than the Offaly players showed.

In respect of the game tipp dominated the game and never looked in trouble. Tipp full back line was solid though had little to do. Tipp wing backs won their battles while I feel joe beirgin might have got the better of David young at centre forward. Tipp easily won the mid field battle with brendan maher having a great game. Bonner maher worked himself into the ground getting on a lot of ball. McGrath at center forward for Tipp was poor and I think hannify won this battle while benny Dunne got 4 points from play on the other wing. Tipp full forward line lost Eoin Kelly very early into game and was replace by Shane Burke who got 4 points from play while Paul Kelly was replaced by Lar at half time. Pa burke was his usuals self finishing with 7 points.

Offaly subs have nothing to offer while Tipp have a huge amount of talent on the bench and a number of players still to come back.

I blame the lack of funding for offalys downfall along with poor management and the county bord. Players are not been treated properly and therefore look disinterested. Very poor Offaly support at the match yesterday also and the ones I did see were at their usual carry on abusing their players. If Offaly carry on this rate it won't be long before yee will be playing in the christy ring against teams of your own standard.

joe123
Junior B

Post by joe123 »

Cats are much better than ye and arent in massive debt, I like the way you mentioned lack of funding. Ye had to spend lot of money and keep yer players very happy to finally beat Kilkenny, everyone knows that Kilkenny had an off day, one that they were due last september after years!!! what happens this year when the money isn't there. (watch out for Dublin, i'm sure ye wouldn't wanna lose to them twice in the one year!!! Absolute typical bullshit from a Tipperary person we expect nothing less from ye. How the hell would you know whats going on within offaly hurling. Shut your mouth and mind your own business!!!!!!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

joe123 wrote:Cats are much better than ye and arent in massive debt, I like the way you mentioned lack of funding. Ye had to spend lot of money and keep yer players very happy to finally beat Kilkenny, everyone knows that Kilkenny had an off day, one that they were due last september after years!!!
Kilkenny are far from invincible and they have rebuilding to do. They have been on a downward curve since 2008 and what happened last September was no fluke.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

tipptopper25 wrote:Offaly people very quiet on this thread. Normally yee are on here slating Tipp and telling us how good the cats are. I have been saying for a long time that Offaly hurling is in a dark place at the moment. I was at the game yesterday. Offaly will struggle to stay in division 1. I watched both teams warm up on the back field in nenagh. Tipp must have been out warming up for about 40 mins before Offaly came out. The Tipp warm up was sharp and fast while I have seen junior
C teams show more intensity during a warm up than the Offaly players showed.

In respect of the game tipp dominated the game and never looked in trouble. Tipp full back line was solid though had little to do. Tipp wing backs won their battles while I feel joe beirgin might have got the better of David young at centre forward. Tipp easily won the mid field battle with brendan maher having a great game. Bonner maher worked himself into the ground getting on a lot of ball. McGrath at center forward for Tipp was poor and I think hannify won this battle while benny Dunne got 4 points from play on the other wing. Tipp full forward line lost Eoin Kelly very early into game and was replace by Shane Burke who got 4 points from play while Paul Kelly was replaced by Lar at half time. Pa burke was his usuals self finishing with 7 points.

Offaly subs have nothing to offer while Tipp have a huge amount of talent on the bench and a number of players still to come back.

I blame the lack of funding for offalys downfall along with poor management and the county bord. Players are not been treated properly and therefore look disinterested. Very poor Offaly support at the match yesterday also and the ones I did see were at their usual carry on abusing their players. If Offaly carry on this rate it won't be long before yee will be playing in the christy ring against teams of your own standard.
go way you muppet and take your bullsh.t to premierview didn't see to much on that web when the Dubs bet ye for the second year in a row
fair enough to slate offaly on your on site but to come on here and to it i know what you should do

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

townman wrote:
fifitrixiebelle wrote:that was some bateing today by a tipp team that were way off the pace and tried out a raft of new lads. i really fear for the wexford match now
were you at the match

yes. and your point is what?

fifitrixiebelle
All Star

joe123 wrote:Cats are much better than ye and arent in massive debt, I like the way you mentioned lack of funding. Ye had to spend lot of money and keep yer players very happy to finally beat Kilkenny, everyone knows that Kilkenny had an off day, one that they were due last september after years!!! what happens this year when the money isn't there. (watch out for Dublin, i'm sure ye wouldn't wanna lose to them twice in the one year!!! Absolute typical bullshit from a Tipperary person we expect nothing less from ye. How the hell would you know whats going on within offaly hurling. Shut your mouth and mind your own business!!!!!!
kilkenny had an off day? that was their excuse in 09, theyd never be as bad again, theyd have hickey back etc. they got a hiding last year and the fear is gone. cork stuck in them and nearly bet them, galway stuck in them and did beat them.
fed up of hearing offaly lads going on about kk. would we be able to do to kk what cork & galway did ? i doubt it, esp if we spend so much time admiring them

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

fifitrixiebelle wrote:
joe123 wrote:Cats are much better than ye and arent in massive debt, I like the way you mentioned lack of funding. Ye had to spend lot of money and keep yer players very happy to finally beat Kilkenny, everyone knows that Kilkenny had an off day, one that they were due last september after years!!! what happens this year when the money isn't there. (watch out for Dublin, i'm sure ye wouldn't wanna lose to them twice in the one year!!! Absolute typical bullshit from a Tipperary person we expect nothing less from ye. How the hell would you know whats going on within offaly hurling. Shut your mouth and mind your own business!!!!!!
kilkenny had an off day? that was their excuse in 09, theyd never be as bad again, theyd have hickey back etc. they got a hiding last year and the fear is gone. cork stuck in them and nearly bet them, galway stuck in them and did beat them.
fed up of hearing offaly lads going on about kk. would we be able to do to kk what cork & galway did ? i doubt it, esp if we spend so much time admiring them
kilkenny took a hiding how long did it take tipp to beat them that tipp team have been knocking at the door since 2003
as for Galway beating them they also beat them last year in nowlan park in the league when they meet in the leinster final
it was over bye half time.

as for cork well they had a up and down year last year hurl tipp out the gate in the first round and were unlucky to lose to waterford
but weren't at the races in the semil. as for tipp fair play to them they came the back door after getting a lesson in hurling from
cork in their first match and won the final well. if kilkenny had an off day in 09 and they won the 4 in-a-row that year where did that
leave tipp because most teams kilkenny beat were after beating tipp.

i not a kilkenny lover but for tipp to think they are as good as them because they beat them last year as they were going for 5 -in-a-row
tipp there first in 9 year's when tipp put 3 or even 2 in a row they might be near kilkenny but as now they are not.
also on a side note offaly and laois also beat kilkenny in 2010 :wink:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

townman wrote: i not a kilkenny lover but for tipp to think they are as good as them because they beat them last year as they were going for 5 -in-a-row
tipp there first in 9 year's when tipp put 3 or even 2 in a row they might be near kilkenny but as now they are not.
Events of 3 or 7 or 9 years ago are of no relevance. Tipperary have every right to think they are better than Kilkenny right now.
In 2009 Tipperary were almost equal to Kilkenny and last year they clearly had overtaken them.
Until such time as Kilkenny (or someone else) lift it again, or Tipperary slip back, Tipperary are the best team in Ireland. Simple as.

joe123
Junior B

Post by joe123 »

I dont really care about any of this. But I hate Tipperary, arrogant and full of sh1t. And had to shut the Tipperary idiot and his cheek up!

middleman
Junior B

Post by middleman »

I actually thought tipptopper25 sumed up offaly hurling to a tee. we are in a very dark place. club hurling is of a very poor standard in this county, players dont seem to want to play for the county and i cant see any drastic turnaround in the foreseeable future