offaly under 21

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the weak group
Junior B

offaly under 21

Post by the weak group »

hello all-was at anunder 21 training the other night and from what i make this is the panel for the forthcoming year
goalkeepersdean bracken eoin brennan
defendersmark cassidy sean casey brian darby eoghan byrne paul mcconway james gallagher kevin lynam stephen delaney james rafferty diarmuid donoghue richie dalton (james keane undergoing operation)
midfieldersdavid lowry willie crampton niall smith thomas coughlan
forwards pauric sullivan niall mcnamee ken casey ciaran flannery(shannonbridge) paul deeley aidan keenaghan john mollin ciaran kenny derek molloy ross connor rory connor shane dooley sean martin sean ryan trevor phelan greg quinn adrian kelly
not the most knowledgable when it comes to betting but here are my odds for captaincy
niall mcnamee 1/2 :lol:
david lowry 5/1
mark cassidy 5/1
diarmuid donoghue 12/1
all others at least 25/1

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

I'd imagine ritchie dalton will be out for a while as he broke his shoulder in the recent minor semi final.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

That's a lot of forwards relative to backs. I'd say some of those could be doing well to hang on. That said, I see no Jason Kelly again. I thought he'd be there, for now at least.

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

At those odds I'd be betting on Mark Cassidy for Captain!!

Hocker
All Star

Offaly U-21

Post by Hocker »

Jason Kelly is 22 next june, hence overage Lone shark... He was called up to senior panel though.
Nice to see a few Bridge men there anyway.
As for captaincy, look no further than Niall McNamee.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa. I thought he was minor in 03, but seemingly wrong.

I'd really struggle to see the other BRidge lads get on that team to be honest - for all the West Offaly forwards on that list, I'd say if we got one out of Keenaghan and Phelan starting (not counting Lowry who I'd still expect to start as a half forward) that'd be as much as I'd expect.

the rat
All Star

Post by the rat »

my side from that panel would be.

bracken
cassidy casey darby

donoghue coughlan byrne

keane crampton

lowry sullivan phelan

molloy mcnamee casey

how come o grady and keily arent on the panel?

Overview
Junior B

Offaly U21 F'ball

Post by Overview »

Offaly team which offers you ball winning ability, combined with skill,speed, passion, and a collective will to win!
1.Dean Bracken 2.Mark Cassidy 3.Sean Casey 4.Diarmuid Donaghue 5.Brian Darby 6.James Rafferty 7.Eoghan Byrne 8.David Lowry 9.Thomas Coughlan 10.Greg Quinn 11.Niall McNamee 12.Derek Molloy 13.Ken Casey 14.Ross Connor 15.Sean Ryan

Captain: Sean Casey
Last Word

the weak group
Junior B

Post by the weak group »

with regards to under 21 i left out shay hannon aswell. gearoid o grady didnt go to any of the trials and i think is concentrating on rugby. mark cassidy is in germany in college and may not be able to play.

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Cant see either of the above making it. Big panel there at the moment so I'd expect at least 10 of the above to go.

Cass it appears will not be available.