championship 2011 all grades who will win

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
kingscounty
All Star

championship 2011 all grades who will win

Post by kingscounty »

football-senior?inter?junior a? junior b? junior c hurling -senior?inter? junior a? junior b? junior c?

Fargo Boyle
All Star

Re: championship 2011 all grades who will win

Post by Fargo Boyle »

back Daingean for the junior B - dead cert

Black Spot
Junior A

Post by Black Spot »

A ball hasnt even being kicked yet so it should be impossible to tell and predict but i suppose the start of a new year brings optimistism that this year might be the clubs year to make the break through. For clubs who exited last years championship early theyve being looking foward to next year for months where as Rhode havnt probly taught about te 2011 county chmpionship yet as the have bigger fish to fry and the very best of look to them.

Just on last year id predict maybe somting like this for 11:
senior : Rhode
Intermediate: Raheen
Junior A; Tullamore
Junior B: kinnity if the dont decide to pull out like last year.
Junior C: wouldnt have a clue to be honest.

U;21 kicking off in a acouple of weeks anyone know wholl be strong in that?

My guess will be St.Michels simply because most of them will have trained the whole year through with Rhode seniors and should be far fitter than any of the other clubs.

brian fantana
Intermediate
Club: rhode

Post by brian fantana »

rhode will be f***ed by the time the 2011 championship comes around, clara hot favourites for that.
intermediate- croghan
junior A- tullamore maybe
junior b- ferbane

pedro
Junior B

Post by pedro »

brian fantana wrote:rhode will be f***ed by the time the 2011 championship comes around, clara hot favourites for that.
intermediate- croghan
junior A- tullamore maybe
junior b- ferbane
Rhode and Clara will be the final unless they are pitted against eachother in a semi. Nobody will touch them. Tullamore and Ferbane would be my tips for two teams that will make the semi and depending on the draw for the semi you just wouldnt know.

Clara have a handy enough group to ease themselves into the knockout stages. Walsh Island are very confident they will get out of that group and I reckon Gracefield might just put together a decent outfit this year and make the knockouts if they could beat Ballycumber but that will be touch and go.

Personally I think Clara are not as good as Rhode but you could see them sneaking a title this year if Rhode were tired. I have a feeling though Rhode will be perfectly fine tuned come October again.

hero12
Junior C

Post by hero12 »

Senior- 3 teams really only have a chance of winning it, rhode clara and tullamore. rhode will be favourites followed by clara but i think tullamore will improve alot from last year and will give a good challenge to both teams. out of the rest i cant see anyone challenging. probably ballycumber best of the rest
verdict: rhode

intermediate- i think its between 3 teams here aswel st brigids, raheen, and shannonbridge. brigids will be favourites, both shannonbridge and raheen were shocked to loose in the semis last year and both will be out to make that right. noting much between the 3 teams but im gonna go with my own team to get it right this year. durrow to be best of the rest
verdict: shannonbridge

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

its predictions before the start of championship,no point saying who will win what after 3 or 4 rounds as it would be more obvious.s1

kingscounty
All Star

Post by kingscounty »

heres mine football/senior-clara inter-shannonbridge junior-daingean.hurling senior-tullamore inter-ballinamere junior-edenderry

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Senior - It's only the two clubs that are really in contention, with Tullamore an outsider who could spring a surprise if they got a run of the ball. Everybody else is way off. There was feck all between Rhode and Clara in 2009, same again in 2010, so no reason to believe it would be any different in 2011. A lot will depend on which club loses more key players to emigration, otherwise it's a toss up - I'll pick Clara, for the sake of picking one.

Intermediate - The standard at intermediate last year was even and competitive, but not outstanding. If St Brigids don't lose too many players, they should be the best team in it. I'm not convinced by Raheen or Clonbullogue at all, while Doon will benefit from Kevin Gavin's stewardship but haven't got enough strong players. I'd say Durrow or Birr might catch Brigid's on an off day, but Shannonbridge is the only other club that I would price at under 6/1. Maybe I'd keep Ballyfore short just in case, but they'll probably need another year to get used to playing together.

Junior - Tullamore and Daingean the two standout clubs. If Capincur don't win this soon they never will, but I think they've hit their limit myself. On the grounds that it's a good young Daingean forward line, they might finally get across the line. Kilcormac/Killoughey the wild card as always.

Junior B - On the strength of last year's results, Ferbane would look good but a lot depends on who moves between the grades and how Belmont get on in the hurling. Kinnitty obviously on the shortlist, and of course a lot depends on what happens with Ballyfore, if they get put into this grade they should go well.

Junior C - Tubber have to win this in 2011, surely. You can't keep coming that close and not get over the line eventually.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

noodles
Junior A

Post by noodles »

Tubber won the junior C in 2010 L.S- beat Kilclonfert in the final :lol:
move the ball fast into the full forward line

Bazil Brush
Junior A

Re: Club Championship Draw

Post by Bazil Brush »

My hurling predictions would be Birr to win the senior. Brosna Gales for the intermediate. Kilcormac junior a.Lusmagh junior b and Coolderry u21

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

noodles wrote:Tubber won the junior C in 2010 L.S- beat Kilclonfert in the final :lol:
Ah feck - I thought Kilclonfert beat them! :oops:

I guess I was right though, they had to win it eventually! :lol:

Kilclonfert probably favourites then, with maybe Clara running them closest.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

joe123
Junior B

Post by joe123 »

Senior football is between Rhode and Clara, although Tullamore are well capable of beating either on a given day... but will not beat both of them in the knockout stages. I expect Clara to be hungrier and fresher than Rhode this year for obvious reasons. Shamrocks and Ballycumber will be knocking around the quarters/semis but will have no impact on the top three. Walshe Island were unlucky last year missing a few key players for big match and I expect tem to be challenging for semis also Verdict: Clara

Intermediate football will also be between 3 teams, Shannonbridge, St. Bridgids, Raheen. As with the senior, Raheen are capable of beating either of the other 2 but unlikely to beat both Shannonbridge and Bridgids in the knockout stages. Bridgids and shannonbridge closely matched but shannonbridge will be keen to make up for being caught on the hop in semis last year. Durrow did very well last year but were probably a bit lucky to get to the final where they struggled hugely against Rhynaghs but expect them to be challenging for a semi final place along with Clonbullogue.
Verdict: Shannonbridge

Junior A. Daingean would appear to be the obvious choice but seem to be struggling to finish out when push comes to shove in the knock out stages but surely this will be their year. Shamrocks are unlikely to be as strong as they were last year but will still be knocking around again. Kilcormac are always in the mix at this level if they manage to gather themselves togeteher. Cappincur and Tullamore seem to be floating around every year but unlikely to win it out.
Verdict: Daingean

Junior B. God knows who'll win this but Kinnity looked pretty good last year, also ferbane looked well capable of winning it. Strangely ferbane appeared to have some of their stronger players playing junior b last year instead of playing junior a.. A lot of their junior b team dropping from their first team panel the previous year to playing third team. Had everyone got behind the second team then I believe they'd be capable of challenging for Junior a. Thats ferbane for ya!!
Verdict: Kinnity

I think we can look forward to a lot of good matches in the knock out stages of all championships. I expect an improvement in the level of football at all levels. There are more league matches and this will make a huge difference to the standard of the championship football. PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT AND FOOTBALLERS PLAY FOOTBALL TO PLAY MATCHES. The county board have finally got something right. :(

danandmollys
Junior C
Club: KK

Post by danandmollys »

football-
senior- ehm RHODE easily
inter- shannonbridge
junior a-daingean
junior b- kinnity
junior c -killavilla

hurling -
senior-the rynaghs... dinny cahillas manager
inter- pollagh
junior a-kilcormac
junior b- lusmagh
junior c- killavilla

Bazil Brush
Junior A

Re: Club Championship Draw

Post by Bazil Brush »

Even with dinny cahill as manager id be amazed if banagher win the county final this year, Its between birr and coolderry.