Under 21 Hurling

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Under 21 Hurling

Post by Greenwhiteandgold »

Any news on the management for the u21 hurlers this year or are they in training yet??

esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Re: Under 21 Hurling

Post by esb_lad »

havent heard much now Greenwhiteandgold but this years team are weaker on paper when compared to other years.. have a few nice hurlers in eanna murphy, mulrooney, connolly and michael ryan.. anyone hear who we got in the draw..? im unfortunately pessimistic about this year with one of the weakest panels we've had in years

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

esb_lad wrote:havent heard much now Greenwhiteandgold but this years team are weaker on paper when compared to other years.. have a few nice hurlers in eanna murphy, mulrooney, connolly and michael ryan.. anyone hear who we got in the draw..? im unfortunately pessimistic about this year with one of the weakest panels we've had in years
They can only improve on the performance of the 2010 U21 side though. :wink:

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

we had a good panel of players in 2010 some were there from 2009 when we ran kilkenny close
the problem was the people who were over them knew as much about training a team as a pig at a dinner dance
it will be the same this year.

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Offaly have a bye into the semi final where they will meet the winners of carlow or dublin

esb_lad
Junior A
Club: Rynaghs

Post by esb_lad »

Bord na Mona man wrote:
esb_lad wrote:havent heard much now Greenwhiteandgold but this years team are weaker on paper when compared to other years.. have a few nice hurlers in eanna murphy, mulrooney, connolly and michael ryan.. anyone hear who we got in the draw..? im unfortunately pessimistic about this year with one of the weakest panels we've had in years
They can only improve on the performance of the 2010 U21 side though. :wink:
Thats very true BNM Man, and with this favourable draw the lads should give it a lash anyway

Brosnaman
Junior C

Post by Brosnaman »

Any idea on what our best 15 is?

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Brosnaman wrote:Any idea on what our best 15 is?
Its hard to know what way the team would shape up but time will tell.

1.Conor Slevin
2.Chris Mcdonald
3.Sean Coughlan
4.Brian Mulrooney
5.Pat camon
6.Eanna Murphy
7.Barry harding
8.Thomas Carroll
9.Brendan Murphy
10.Kevin Waters
11.Garry connelly
12.Thomas spain
13.Kevin connolly
14.Adrian Hynes
15.Eoin Ryan

Other lads: michael ryan, brian kelly, david king, aodan kealey, chris connors, dermot gath, tom bolger, donal ryan, david egan, brian dunne, eoin quinlan, steven corcoran, damien egan, gerry spollen, james sullivan

Sharp Eye
All Star

Under 21 Hurling Team

Post by Sharp Eye »

From what i've seen in underage hurling and adult level i think this is the pick of the crop. I woudnt be as worried this year as last year. We were let down in the past by so called "senior panellists", i reckon this team could suprise a few outside the county as much as within. I would hope for a leinster final place.

1. Joe Connors
2. Daniel Maloney
3. Eanna Murphy
4. Brian Mulrooney
5. Damien McLoughlin
6. Michael Cleary
7. Sean Coughlan
8. Gary Coneely
9. Eoin Quinlan
10. Sean Cleary
11. Michael Ryan
12. Tom Carroll
13. Ger Teehan
14. Stephen Flannery
15. Kevin Connolly

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Sharp Eye wrote:From what i've seen in underage hurling and adult level i think this is the pick of the crop. I woudnt be as worried this year as last year. We were let down in the past by so called "senior panellists", i reckon this team could suprise a few outside the county as much as within. I would hope for a leinster final place.

1. Joe Connors
2. Daniel Maloney
3. Eanna Murphy
4. Brian Mulrooney
5. Damien McLoughlin
6. Michael Cleary
7. Sean Coughlan
8. Gary Coneely
9. Eoin Quinlan
10. Sean Cleary
11. Michael Ryan
12. Tom Carroll
13. Ger Teehan
14. Stephen Flannery
15. Kevin Connolly

Joe connors, daniel maloney, damien mcloughlin, stephen flannery. michael cleary center back and ger teehan isint underage, What matches are you going to? :D

Greenwhiteandgold
Intermediate

Paddy kirwan for the u21 manager is this true??? would sound like a good appoimtment, experienced manager !!!

danandmollys
Junior C
Club: KK

Post by danandmollys »

From what i've seen in underage hurling and adult level i think this is the pick of the crop. I woudnt be as worried this year as last year. We were let down in the past by so called "senior panellists", i reckon this team could suprise a few outside the county as much as within. I would hope for a leinster final place.

1. Joe Connors
2. Daniel Maloney
3. Eanna Murphy
4. Brian Mulrooney
5. Damien McLoughlin
6. Michael Cleary
7. Sean Coughlan
8. Gary Coneely
9. Eoin Quinlan
10. Sean Cleary
11. Michael Ryan
12. Tom Carroll
13. Ger Teehan
14. Stephen Flannery
15. Kevin Connolly

that team would struggle to beat the lusmagh junior B's!!!

obviously some rynaghs lad trying to stir up a bit of controversy... the GA teehan and he nearly 22 years of age!!

GreatDayForTheParish
All Star

Post by GreatDayForTheParish »

Greenwhiteandgold wrote:Paddy kirwan for the u21 manager is this true??? would sound like a good appoimtment, experienced manager !!!
I sincerely hope this isn't true.

Let no one be under any illusion this is most important managerial appointment to be made in Offaly this year, or any year for that matter, and Paddy Kirwan couldn't be further from what is needed for our young hurlers. Required is a person who can man manage teenagers, who can coach them the modern game, somebody who has appropriate qualifications and can thus guide and improve an 18 year old over the space of three years so that when the time comes they are equipped to play senior inter county hurling. Kirwan is not, in my opinion, that person.

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

well you could be right on some points but he will be a hell lot better than johnny cleary and stephen bryne from last year.

andy
Junior C

Post by andy »

1 Damien Egan
2 pat camon
3 Brian Mulrooney
4 James Sullivan
5 Barry Harding
6 Eanna Murphy
7 David King
8 Sean Coughlan
9 Brendan Murphy
10 Gary Coneely
11Thomas Carroll
12 Eoin Ryan
13 Stephen Quirke
14 Adrian Hynes
15 Kevin Connolly

Not a bad team, few tight decisions, few lads barely left out. skillfull forwards, might be a bit light in some areas though. leinster final definetely should be the aim.