Offaly GAA Website

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
the bare biffo
All Star

Offaly GAA Website

Post by the bare biffo »

After reading the previews on here of the county football semifainals I went to look at the Offaly GAA website to see what the fixture arrangements are.
Jesus that website is abysmal. Its nice to have a section to reminisce about former glories but are pictures of teams that won 40 years ago really what should be the first thing you see. Is there nothing current going on in Offaly GAA.

Living where I am and being involved with the local club, the Roscommon site is my regular. Now its not perfect but its light years ahead of the Offaly site. I can see the fixture plan and up to date league tables for my U-12 Div 4 Nth football team and everything else right up to senior. Ladies football, weekly coaching corner, hurling, weekly club notes, everything you need to know about the GAA in the county and by and large all up to date.

The only thing that seems to be up to date on the Offaly site is the lotto results, and maybe that says a lot about where prioritirs are.
"The ball may pass, but the man, never."

bracknaghboy
All Star

Re: Offaly GAA Website

Post by bracknaghboy »

Bare Bif I've said this over and over on this forum and there are other threads on it if I'm correct. The site is a disgrace. The leagues were on for 5 rounds before there was mention of a fixture or result. True the lotto is updated and there have been articles about Irish dancing on it but feck all about the games themselves. Pictures of teams from 40 years ago on the main page sums it up really. Most of us rely on the fixtures list that one of the lads posts here each week.

TRUEGAEL
Junior A

Post by TRUEGAEL »

no clue no clue no clue......we are in the dark ages with regards to website never any fixtures, never any results, never any league or championship tables its a joke.as for fixture commitee dont get me started.do the words piss up in brewery decribe what a brillant job these guys are doing.

allsorts
Junior B

Post by allsorts »

i would agreed wholeheartly. the website is a disgrace. and possibly reflects the start of offaly gaa in general. Most household now have access to the internet and they are losing out big time with no promotion through this medium. they need to get some new younger vibrant people involved and benefit from their knowledge of basic technology!

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

Why don't you volunteer your services

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

It's early Saturday morning now on County Football Final weekend and still there are no fixtures up for the weekend. AND the score for last week's Tullamore v K-K semi-final is incorrect.

My sincere thanks to the fellas who post the fixtures on this site weekly. Only for ye I'd never get to see a match at all, at all.

While on the subject of websites, whatever happened the Tullamore GAA Club's site? I can't seem to find it. Didn't they pay the bill?
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Junior A

Post by 1964 »

the tullamore website is sill there its a new enough site and is updated every couple of days. alot better than the old one. gaelsport tullamore should get ya there

townman
All Star

Post by townman »

Plain of the Herbs wrote:It's early Saturday morning now on County Football Final weekend and still there are no fixtures up for the weekend. AND the score for last week's Tullamore v K-K semi-final is incorrect.

My sincere thanks to the fellas who post the fixtures on this site weekly. Only for ye I'd never get to see a match at all, at all.

While on the subject of websites, whatever happened the Tullamore GAA Club's site? I can't seem to find it. Didn't they pay the bill?
maybe someone from K/K sent a virus to it :lol:

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

Found it. Cheers, '64.
1964 wrote:the tullamore website is sill there its a new enough site and is updated every couple of days. alot better than the old one. gaelsport tullamore should get ya there
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.