The all Ireland hurling final

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
tipptopper25
Junior A

The all Ireland hurling final

Post by tipptopper25 »

Well lads. Just interested on getting the views of Offaly people regarding the all Ireland final this year. Yee have had many great battles with the cats over the years and there is a great rivilary between tipp and Offaly. Who would yee rather win? Would yee like to see the drive for five completed or would you like tipp to banish the ghosts of last year and take Liam to tipp.

Offaly2010
All Star
Club: Gracefield

Re: The all Ireland hurling final

Post by Offaly2010 »

If you posted this question this time last year I would have said Tipperary no doubt about it. But the fact of the 5 in a row being at stake I would like to see Kilkenny do it this year,just to reflect just how great this current KK team really are!

As Michael Duignan just illuded to on The Sunday Game, Seamus Darby has a pub down in Toomevara, maybe ye could throw him in for the last 5 mins... :lol:

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

if theres a god in heaven kilkenny will hurl seven sorts of s..t out of ye, :lol:

Plain of the Herbs
All Star
Club: Lusmagh

Post by Plain of the Herbs »

I don't believe in omens and all that guff, but there are some uncanny parralells between Kerry's build-up in 1982 and Kilkenny's this year.
A key attacker is struggling with a cruciate injury. Now a leading defender has a broken bone (Tommy Walsh, KK and Jimmy Deenihan who broke a leg early in 1982. If Brendan Cummins saves a penalty . . .

I remember in 1982 Walsh Island were going for 5-in-a-row too, and they were faced by Rhode in the final who featured . . . Seamus Darby. Matt Connor missed a penalty that day, but the Island survived and completed six-in-a-row the following year.
Offaly2010 wrote:As Michael Duignan just illuded to on The Sunday Game, Seamus Darby has a pub down in Toomevara, maybe ye could throw him in for the last 5 mins... :lol:
Pat Donegan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

yes theres a lot in common with kilkennys five in a row bid and kerrys one in 1982
offaly were unlucky in the 81 final with gerry carroll shot coming off the bar and jacko goal turn that final
so you never know. still kilkenny to win.

Daingean Exile
Junior A

Post by Daingean Exile »

tipptopper25 wrote:Well lads. Just interested on getting the views of Offaly people regarding the all Ireland final this year. Yee have had many great battles with the cats over the years and there is a great rivilary between tipp and Offaly. Who would yee rather win? Would yee like to see the drive for five completed or would you like tipp to banish the ghosts of last year and take Liam to tipp.
Kilkenny are destined for 5 in a row in my view. Make sure you drop in to say hello when the cats put yee to the sword, good lad :)

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

well he had nothing good to say about offaly hurling all year just ran them down.
so if we don't hear from him we know who won . he won't go on the kilkenny GAA forum and talk s..t about hurling.

tipptopper25
Junior A

Post by tipptopper25 »

Well lads. Was over in birr for the weekend. Talking to a good few people about the kk game. I was surprised
and delighted by the amount of people who told me that they will be supportig tipp. I even
spotted a couple of tipp flags. Good to know our neighbours will be cheering us on. Thanks to all for their good wishes.

SearingDrive
All Star

Post by SearingDrive »

For neutrals, it's a case of more of the same, as both counties have dominated hurling. Won't lose any sleep over either county.
For 2011 let's hope a new team challenges Kilkenny.

ballinamereman1
County player

Post by ballinamereman1 »

SearingDrive wrote:For neutrals, it's a case of more of the same, as both counties have dominated hurling. Won't lose any sleep over either county.
and lets hope that "NEW TEAM" is offaly.. we woulda put up a better display in this years lenister decider than our galway counterparts did..

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

SearingDrive wrote:For neutrals, it's a case of more of the same, as both counties have dominated hurling. Won't lose any sleep over either county.
You can't really saw Tipp have dominated hurling, unless you are going back to before the 1970s

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

turk wrote:
You can't really saw Tipp have dominated hurling, unless you are going back to before the 1970s
They only won one in the 70s. I think you mean 50s, early 60s

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

Yes, that's before the 70s.

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

:? should have read that more carefully.

I think Kilkenny will win this if Tennyson and Shefflin start and remain on pitch for whole match. I think they will start. Having JJ Delaney out half back strengthens the team from last year a huge amount. I think Noel McGrath could be the key to this match. If Kilkenny hold him they will win.

Whoever wins, I think will win pulling away.

naasmanxrhode
All Star

Post by naasmanxrhode »

tipptopper25 wrote:Well lads. Was over in birr for the weekend. Talking to a good few people about the kk game. I was surprised
and delighted by the amount of people who told me that they will be supportig tipp. I even
spotted a couple of tipp flags. Good to know our neighbours will be cheering us on. Thanks to all for their good wishes.
D'ont think so, Offaly would rather KK to win 5 in a row than your shower to win one.
Be careful out their