County senior football championship

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
paulwatts
Junior A

Re: County senior football championship

Post by paulwatts »

dunne wasnt playing in that challenge game....just so my piont comes across

faithfullad
Senior

Post by faithfullad »

Too much love for Pullagh, they are a very average team. If anyone breaks up Clara or Rhode next year, it would probably be Tullamore(because they can find ways to win in the knockout stages even if their team isn't outstanding) or Tubber(Who showed against Clara in the q-final that they can compete, and who, with a big effort next year could go far with their young team)

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Totally disagree Lone Shark. In the last six years they played in 5 semi finals and 2 finals. Pullagh played in one semi and were hammered. Dogged, determined team but no quality outside Lynam. Dont forget Shamrocks are missing the guts of 10 players and are still competing. My own club at home lost 3 or 4 players and have fallen apart completely. The cunninghams, Delaneys, Coughlans and Molloys of this world would walk onto any team. Too much back slapping of a young lad here by Paul Watts and Lone Shark. That could well be the problem.

I agree with Faithfullad, Tullamore will be the only threat to Rhode and Clara in the next few years.

paulwatts
Junior A

Post by paulwatts »

long john..i think you are misinterpreting what loneshark and I are saying. we are not saying hes the next gooch...far from it actually...he will find it hard to make the offaly team...we are not saying hes great...but nigel is a very good player who if he war with the rovers would b a huge addition.....listen long john considering all of our players the' stars' wont play...so the shamrocks of 2010 without nigel dunne for 2011 would not be better than erin rovers with him...its as simple as that. if we got back all the lads thats a differnt story but as we are both shamrocks men we know that them lads wont play and if they do they might train once out of every 5 sessions....they dont want to play...so we cant keep saying ''oh if we had him or him...'' that just stupid; we dont ,so get over it and its not like their injured (bar neville) they just dont care...you are the very reason the club is the way it is....wanting them lads when their committment is 0 and giving out about the ones we have...have a look at your self....you live in killina a few miles from this fella and u dish him all the time....grow up...

Long John
All Star

Post by Long John »

Wrong again Paul, I live in Mucklagh not Killina, and its not my club but I have relatives playing. And your wrong I never "dish" the gosson. I said he has the potential to make it with county more so as a hurler and as a footballer "if" he improved his game. He is better that 3 of last years starting attackers for Offaly footballers but only if he uses the ball quicker. At the moment its the over the top back slapping from the likes of yourself that is leading him astray. Club first, county second Paul.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Long John wrote:Totally disagree Lone Shark. In the last six years they played in 5 semi finals and 2 finals. Pullagh played in one semi and were hammered. Dogged, determined team but no quality outside Lynam. Dont forget Shamrocks are missing the guts of 10 players and are still competing. My own club at home lost 3 or 4 players and have fallen apart completely. The cunninghams, Delaneys, Coughlans and Molloys of this world would walk onto any team. Too much back slapping of a young lad here by Paul Watts and Lone Shark. That could well be the problem.

I agree with Faithfullad, Tullamore will be the only threat to Rhode and Clara in the next few years.
In the last six years Shamrocks had a lot of top quality players who it seems, are no longer available to them. They haven't pulled up any trees at underage for a while now so it's reasonable to assume that the lads who will be replacing the older players like the Mooneys won't be of the same calibre. What I was saying is that Shamrocks of 2010, minus Dunne, would be no better than Erin Rovers of 2010. Of course that would have to be revised if players like the Coughlans, Mark Yeates and Derek Molloy were available again, but there's no reason to believe that would be the case.

As for Nigel himself, he strikes me as too sensible a lad to pass any remarks on the observations of a never-was like yours truly.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

paulwatts
Junior A

Post by paulwatts »

its irrelavent where your from...ur from the parish as u said; so u should be behind everyone...