Leinster Hurling draw - Offaly unseeded

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
The Biff
All Star

Leinster Hurling draw - Offaly unseeded

Post by The Biff »

I see that our 31 point drubbing last year has come back on us. Kilkenny and Wexford are being seeded into separate semi-finals and we will be in the Quarter final pot with Dublin, Laois and Westmeath.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/s ... n=10544300

It may not be a bad thing to have a game under us before taking on the Cats or Yella-bellies, but is it fair to just decide this at this stage with the draw to take place on Friday?

Hocker
All Star

Championship draw 2006

Post by Hocker »

So is the football draw on this week too??
I hope we get Dublin or Westmeath first..

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Our footballers will be in a hat for a first round draw where we will be drawn against Meath, Carlow, Wicklow, Longford, Louth or Westmeath. I would'nt mind who we get, so long as it is not Meath which would be a nasty little obstacle to clear for our first game.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

getting an easy first round match did us no favours last year

the bare biffo
All Star

Post by the bare biffo »

It doesn't matter who Offaly get because they don't seem capable of winning two games back to back. So its hard to see them winning enough games to even reach a leinster final. As for the qualifiers...... forget that.

Shite.

black and red exile
All Star

Post by black and red exile »

Turk and Bare Biffo, don't be such voices of doom, at least wait and see how the draw turns out before we write the obituaries. For God sake lads where is the faith.

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

no doom and gloom from me, just pointing out the facts.
Either the teams are fit to do the biz or they're not.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

The footballers seem to be constantly paying for the sins of previous years. Every year we go in with no chance of a handy draw, and having to be primed for a championship fixture in early May. Meanwhile some teams - like Wexford this year - reap the benefits of constantly making the semis and can have a month off in effect at the start of the summer. Just making the Leinster semis for the first time in four years would be a step in itself and would make 2007 that bit easier.

As for the hurlers, I actually think we're better off. Beating nobody in particular to reach a Leinster final against Kilkenny, lose, and then to find ourselves in an All Ireland QF not having really played a close competitive game wouldn't do us any good. At least this way we'll either have the benefit of the qualifiers, or else will have beaten someone worthwhile in order to avoid them.