where is the shark??????

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
drummy
Junior B

where is the shark??????

Post by drummy »

Follow the Shark!
Touring the terraces supporting the Faithful

With fewer people travelling to support Offaly teams, it's high time we got our act together to behind our players in a more organised way.

We're being outnumbered on the terraces and in the stands by bigger ratios each year, but that's no reason for our roar to be drowned out by the opposition.

Instead of continually having whatever Offaly support there is scattered and strewn all over grounds, we want to assemble as many Offaly supporters we can into a single group where we can create a proper cheer.

If you're fed up being at Offaly matches stranded and lost amongst the opposition support - If you wish you could be part of the big roar, then this is what you've been looking for. All it takes is the higher level of organisation and team spirit that have been associated with Offaly GAA for the last 40 years. However we need a focal point - and that's where the shark comes in.

At Offaly matches, we want all of you to find the shark, make your way over and join us in supporting our hurlers or footballers. It doesn't matter what club, parish or town you're from, you'll be welcome along. We want you all to shout, roar, sing and do whatever you can to give our players a lift. We also hope to maintain the finest Offaly sporting traditions, so we'll leave the booing of free takers to our lessers.

Answer the call to arms and swell the ranks of the Offaly massive.

Your county needs you!

i have been at all the offaly senior games and minor hurling games this year. but i have not seen the shark!! where is it????

offalyman08
All Star

Re: where is the shark??????

Post by offalyman08 »

i asked that question a while back!! Nobody seems to know!

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

You should have spotted the shark or the flag at some of the championship games this year. At this stage we'd have assembled a certain core of regulars, so maybe it isn't getting pushed in the same way as years ago.

Bearing in mind that the vast majority of Offaly match-goers are content to go to matches, see how they go and leave it at that, there isn't much point in trying hector folks either.
In an ideal world you'd love to think supporters could have the "16th man" effect by giving extra encourage to the Offaly players, but realistically there'd need to be a much bigger foot fall at matches to get this effect. Which won't happen without there being success in the first place. :wink:

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I will confess that the shark flag has been at home this year, but due to being on working duty at the time, it would be a little tricky for me to bring it along.... :wink:

Normal service may resume next year!
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.