Championship countdown clocks

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Championship countdown clocks

Post by Bord na Mona man »

red exile
County player
Club: edenderry

Re: Championship countdown clocks

Post by red exile »

Hard to believe it's only 2 weeks till we head for portlaoise for championship football again. And I pray to god that I don't go through the horrors I did 12 months ago when we sent out lambs to the slaughter on the same pitch

Bord na Mona man
All Star

red exile wrote:Hard to believe it's only 2 weeks till we head for portlaoise for championship football again. And I pray to god that I don't go through the horrors I did 12 months ago when we sent out lambs to the slaughter on the same pitch
Last year it went like:
16:00 Offaly vs. Kildare throws in.
16:10 Game over.

Thereorthereabouts
County player

Post by Thereorthereabouts »

Lads, Is that match in Navan or Portlaoise?
The fight is won or lost far away from the witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road; long before I dance under those lights

Bord na Mona man
All Star

Thereorthereabouts wrote:Lads, Is that match in Navan or Portlaoise?
Portleix.

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

won't be long now for the footballers, can't wait for the hurlers to run out next sunday in parnell park think it could be a long year. :D

Efan
Senior

Post by Efan »

I discovered (by accident) at the football yesterday that the Leinster Council had moved the Antrim/Offaly v Wexford/Galway hurling games from Saturday evening the 19th June to the following day. It will now be a double header with Kilkenny v Dublin/Laois. I realise that the changes were made to facilitate TV coverage but I cannot for the life of me understand the purpose in issuing one set of fixtures and then moving these at a later date. Lots of people like me will try and plan around dates and it’s a killer for foresight to be a disadvantage.

I would also really wonder about the logic of a double header in Corke Park . The Leinster council have been bang on the button by taking the games from this setting and heading down to the provincial grounds over the last number of seasons. Best case scenario 30-35k in Croke Park … 33-40% full. Cue the “I thought it was not economic to open Croke Park for this amount of people” and “It looks awful to see so few people in the stadium for a live TV game” comments.
Efan :)