West Offaly Senior Football Championship Group 2006

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

I'll have to remind myself to stay away from this site when west Offaly mania is in full swing next summer!! Seriously, I'll be interested to find out if local rivalry is still alive and well in Offaly and if it is, those clubs will be going hell for leather at training from February. We'll wait and see.

the Untouchable
All Star

Post by the Untouchable »

Well Hocker I can't see O'Leary coming back to shore up the defence because nothing short of a miracle will stop doon conceding huge amounts in every game next year...I believe jesus himself said that even he couldn't work that miracle!!!

As for the doon lads out celebrating since O'Leary left well their probably right to have, because they'd go on the piss in doon at the opening of a letter!!!

Lets hope no one else leaves that they'll need to celebrate over otherwise they'll be in intermediate by 2006!!!

As for the point that there must be something in the water in Clonfanlough you could be right....pity that the good people of Clonascra don't get their water from Clonfanlough!!!
The Untouchable

Junior B

Post by 96318104 »

If this group was plyed out now, I'd reckon Doon would be relegated as their heads aren't right and haven't been for a long time.But of all the teams in this group, if you wanted a forward line to get the scores for you, everyone here would pick the Doon forwards. I heard a few weeks ago in the league quarter final, they were trailing Edenderry by 14 points 10 minutes into the second half yet they scored 4 goals in ten minutes to get a draw. The problem for Doon is winning enough ball to give the forwards.
As for the other teams, Ferbane look the best bet to come out of the group. And nobody would fancy playing Shannonbridge in the first game next year. But , really every team should be motivated. They'd have to be, as the team who isn't will finish last.

MF35
Intermediate

In reply to Untouchable

Post by MF35 »

Exactly!! I've heard it whispered on the crossroads over the last year or 2 that its a Pity yourself and your 2 other 'Clonascra' buddies were'nt part of the Clonfanlough contingent all along and then yee would have been The Bridges' headache for the last number of years, and not Doons!
Yezz were never held in the same regard as the great Ken Hynes. Wore his heart on his sleeve he did. A true Blue.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

A good analysis LS though i'd give odds on St Pats winning the Wicklow county!!!

the Untouchable
All Star

Well from what I heard it wasn't exactly the nicest camp to be in this year....rumour has it Gerry Joyce had to buy a new table after the St. Brigids match!!!

Maybe Doon are better off without the 3 boys if they were causing that much trouble but I think anyone could doubt that these 3 lads gave it everything when they played for doon...

The reality is that the 3 Clonascra boys aren't the problem, but sure their the easiest one's to blame!!!

Anyway I think its better if we stop this tit for tat stuff, well not in full glare of the rest of this website, because I don't see any other clubs at it!!!

Feel free to send me a personal message if you want otherwise for the sake of the Clubs name I'd rather stop this now before it gets out of hand & no one would want that!!!
The Untouchable

the Untouchable
All Star

Well from what I heard it wasn't exactly the nicest camp to be in this year....rumour has it Gerry Joyce had to buy a new table after the St. Brigids match!!!

Maybe Doon are better off without the 3 boys if they were causing that much trouble but I don't think anyone could doubt that these 3 lads gave it everything when they played for doon...

The reality is that the 3 Clonascra boys aren't the problem, but sure their the easiest one's to blame!!!

Anyway I think its better if we stop this tit for tat stuff, well not in full glare of the rest of this website, because I don't see any other clubs at it!!!

Feel free to send me a personal message if you want otherwise for the sake of the Clubs name I'd rather stop this now before it gets out of hand & no one would want that!!!
The Untouchable