Rule42

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
jim10
Junior C

PETER CANAVAN

Post by jim10 »

There should be other opportunities for our own players to sample the Croke Park experience- All Ireland U-21 finals, Railway Cup, school/university competitions. In todays world with a more vibrant PR approach we can make a great use of this wonderful stadium. Without a shadow of a doubt it is the dream of every young girl or boy that can lift a hurl or kick a football to play one day in Croke Park. Unfortunately only a few will be privileged. The post Congress comments made by Gearoid Adams (Antrim wing half back) struck a particular chord with me,

"Am I jealous? Of Course I am. Jesus, even David Beckham could possibly play on the sacred turf before me".

TAKEN FROM THE PETER CANAVAN COLUMN

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

As the national media pointed out Gearoid Adams' soundbite was totally discredited later on when Antrim didn't even bother to enter the Tommy Murphy Cup, a competition which features a Croke Park final experience as a carrot.

There's a lot of hypocrisy involved with this issue - Antrim and the others have accepted plenty of help from the UK Government.