Walsh cup Offaly 1-16 Kilkenny 1-13

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
leinsterman
All Star

Walsh cup Offaly 1-16 Kilkenny 1-13

Post by leinsterman »

Great win for offaly hurling today, its hard to beleave thats the first win over kilkenny
since the 98 final win. any day you beat kk its a good day, offaly backs were great today
the half back's and stephen egan and wynne were very good count in that duirmud horan
was not playing today and he was the best last sunday the fowards line try hard all day
cathal parlon played well again today shane kelly hit two find points daniel currams hit the
frees well unlucky with the first two, we missed about two goals chances .
my man of the match would have to be james rigney had a great game in the half back line.
stepen egan push him hard for it caught some great balls today, rory hanniffy, joe bergin,
were quiet in the first half but for the last 20 minutes bergin tore into it at centre back an got some scores one great one from play and score two great frees hanniffy finish well .
derek morkan had another good game today its great to see the young players coming on
and doing well . the future looks bright for offaly hurling :wink:

turk
All Star

Re: Walsh cup Offaly 1-16 Kilkenny 1-13

Post by turk »

Hi Leinsterman, what sort of a side did Kilkenny have out?

leinsterman
All Star

Post by leinsterman »

turk wrote:Hi Leinsterman, what sort of a side did Kilkenny have out?
1 David herrity
2 Kieran Joyce
3 Canice hickey
4 Damien fogarty
5 john dalton
6p.j. delaney
7 David pendergast
8 john tennyson
9 lester ryan
10 michael grace
11 eoin mcgrath
12 john mulhall
13 martin boran
14 richie hogan
15 mark bergin
subs matt ruth, niall walsh, paddy hogan, came on. kk missing alot but so were offaly, plus alot of them kk hurlers have won minor and under 21's allirelands

faithful till I die
Senior

Post by faithful till I die »

leinsterman wrote: my man of the match would have to be james rigney had a great game in the half back line.
stepen egan push him hard for it caught some great balls today,:
Would pretty much agree with that. Rigney was outstanding & tackled like his life depended on it. After that I thought Parlon looked fairly sharp & interested. Would not agree that Currams hit the frees well I thought he looked nervous but did ok. Bergin looked more assured to me, hitting over a couple of beauties just when we needed it. Was disappointed with Keane today, I thought his head dropped a bit & it was no surprise he was removed. Strange that Brady & Healion got so much game time as they both looked sluggish. Overall was a good performance for this time of year.
Offaly awoke never more to sleep.