Offaly Under 21's 2006

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
True Red
All Star

Offaly Under 21's 2006

Post by True Red »

Eoin Brennan (Tullamore); Mark Cassidy (Rhode), Ross Connor (St. Broughan’s), Niall Spain (Edenderry); James Keane (Tullamore), Kieran Kiely (Gracefield), Brian Darby (Rhode); William Crampton (St. Broughan’s),Colm Gavin (Ferbane-Belmont); Trevor Phelan (DER Gaels); 1Thomas Coughlan (Shamrocks), Eddie Dunne (Tullamore); Sean Casey (Rhode), Niall McNamee (Rhode), Gearoid O’Grady (Tullamore).

Subs: Conan Curley (St. Vincent’s), Diarmuid Donoghue (Ballycumber-Tubber), Stephen Tuohey (Tullamore), Des Egan (DER Gaels), Derek Molloy (Shamrocks), Pauric Sullivan (Rhode), David Lowry (Ferbane-Belmont), John Mollen (Ferbane-Belmont), Greg Quinn (St. Broughan’s).

The above was the team and subs that went to Louth and got beaten on the day 4-06 to 0-12.Pauric Sullivan and Diarmuid Donoghue came on from the bench that day.Wonder how they will get on next season?

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I would expect that into that you can bring in Dean Bracken or David Lowry in goals, depending on whether you want Lowry outfield or not, Ken Casey, James Rafferty possibly, Rory Connor might have a shot, Paul McConway and Seán Ryan will be involved, and I wouldn't rule out a role for Alan Lynam or Michael Verney either.

A lot of decent footballers there all told, but it doesn't strike you the same way this year's panel did. But then look where that got us.

Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

What about others? There must be some other possible squad players.

Are James Coughlan and Rory Guinan overage next year? Nigel Grennan? Mark "Chino" Cole? Padraig Bracken?

Apologies for not knowing the players' ages. I'll have to start keeping minor and U-21 programmes. There should be a database somewhere!

the rat
All Star

Post by the rat »

my side would be

1.d.bracken(erin).2.m.cassidy(rhode).3.s.casey(st.b).4.p.mconway.(tul).5.p.sullivan(rhode).6.t.coughlan(sham).7.d.donoghue(bally).8.c.gavin(fer).9.j.keane(tul).10.g.o'grady(tul).11.w.crampton(clun).12.d.molloy(sham).13.t.phelan(doon).14.n.mcnamee(rhode).15.k.casey(st.b).

subs. 16.e.brennan(tul).17.e.dunne(tul).18.a.kelly(bally).19.d.lowry(fer).20.g.grehan(fer).21.g.quinn(clun).22.b.darby(rhode).23.j.rafferty(st.r).24.d.egan(doon).25.r.brady(eden).