Paddy McCormack/Daithi Regan Cup Quarter Finals

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Paddy McCormack/Daithi Regan Cup Quarter Finals

Post by Lone Shark »

The championship is now in full swing, and to get this far, players have had to have had a reasonable football week and a reasonable hurling week - and still solid league performers such as the Rat, True Red, Ballymanabroad, Hyper and BordnaMonaman have failed to make either set of quarter finals. The vagaries of knockout competition, eh?

Anyway, they are seeded, based on this week's scores and tie breaker - so the draw for the quarter finals is .....

Paddy McCormack Cup

Lone Shark (1) vs ManFromFerbane (8 )
Minor (4) vs Doon Massive (5)
Sparklin (3) vs harperj (6)
Rynagh's Biffo (2) vs Doobane Man (7)

West Offaly domination to the fore ......... :D

Daithi Regan Cup

Turk (1) vs Offalymanaway (8 )
Treasurer (4) vs Fullback (5)
Alan (3) vs Mighty Pair O'Hands (6)
Seán Boyle Ó Rathallaigh (2) vs Barracuda (7)

Thankfully a little more south Offaly representation in the Daithi Regan, as well as a fascinating Rhode (I think!) derby in the last game....

The quarter finals will be this week, I may have to throw in an intermediate game or two, but sure at this stage tis all very informed souls who are well able for these things! :D

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

ah sure thats cat.curse a god on it

Hocker
All Star

Post by Hocker »

Ah Bollocks anyway

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

Seriously Hocker, Shannonbridge reaching the knockout stages?? Come on .... :P

Hocker
All Star

Re: Lone shark

Post by Hocker »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ha ha... Ah i know... but god be with the days when we'd actually reach the quarter finals of anything!!!
I'm slowly but surely rising up the ranks though... Maybe by christmas i'll be Intermediate, feck it I only realised this website existed in the 1st week in July, if i'd known about this site earlier i'd be at least senior, instead i was voicing my speel on the hoganstand website...

Let the whole lot of us west Offaly lads get behind Ballycumber for the senior, they've as good a chance as anyone now i thin????

Mighty Pair O' Hands
All Star

Post by Mighty Pair O' Hands »

:shock: Holy feck - I'm in the quarter finals - better start training and quit the beer till the Championship is over !

Lone Shark
All Star

Re: Lone shark

Post by Lone Shark »

Hocker wrote:if i'd known about this site earlier i'd be at least senior, instead i was voicing my speel on the hoganstand website...
Everyone has to grow up and become part of the adult world eventually :P

Rynaghs Biffo
All Star

Post by Rynaghs Biffo »

Lord god, im in d quarter finals!! lets hope our senior and intermediate boys can get further in the championship!!! come on the green and white and the blue and gold!

Doon Massive
All Star

Post by Doon Massive »

Thats not the real draw is it?

Just the one for the cameras I presume.

Treasurer
All Star

Quarter Finals

Post by Treasurer »

Phew! Made it to the quarter final, despite being given misleading information about Belmont which led me to opt for Tullamore! :P

Lone Shark
All Star

Re: Quarter Finals

Post by Lone Shark »

Treasurer wrote:Phew! Made it to the quarter final, despite being given misleading information about Belmont which led me to opt for Tullamore! :P
I'm intrigued - any chance you'd share?

(It was a close call at the best of times, and even I was tempted when I heard about Harry Kearns being out)

Treasurer
All Star

Belmont

Post by Treasurer »

any chance you'd share?
I was told Belmont would be doing well to put out a team, needed juniors to play who were refusing etc etc....

Lone Shark
All Star

Post by Lone Shark »

They were struggling to find numbers all right - there were a few key absentees, but generally there's a decent unity of purpose in that club. Clocker was brought in, and to be honest made all the difference at centre forward. (I have a report on this game by the way, which I'll post tonight when I'm at home) They also used a 16 year old at wingback/midfield, which mightn't be advisable, but he held his own to be fair.

It nearly told - they only used one sub, when they could really have done with using another one or two, but it all worked out in the end.

Not sure if they'll beat Shamrocks a second time, but with a good scatter of underage players there, you'd like to see them hang around in senior for a while.

Treasurer
All Star

Belmont

Post by Treasurer »

Fair play to them, have always had a lot of time for Belmont, going back to the days when the young lads were all togging out under the ditch, with minerals and crisps all round after the match.

Hocker
All Star

Belmont on saturday nite

Post by Hocker »

Gees fair play to belmont.. it was a savage win alright, between lads bein injured, on honeymoon, suspended etc.... they managed to pull it out of the fire... Ciaran kenny had a savage game, sure he played with a badly broken thumb from the week befores game against shamrocks...
I reckon they'll beat shamrocks if/when they meet again!!!

The 1/4 final will be as far as they' go though im afraid.