Who would be the best winner of the SFC?

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.

Which team would be the best winner of the SFC from a county point of view?

Rhode
17%
Tullamore
17%
Shamrocks
30%
Ballycumber
35%

Total votes: 23

TheManFromFerbane
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by TheManFromFerbane »

Doon Massive wrote:there or there abouts, somewhere up that road!

I'd love to see ballyc win.
As far as I know the bridge is the border line, could be wrong though.

Ballycumber for me too, Lots of sound lads on the team, good footballers, plus I'd like to see it come out this side of the county for a change!! The session will happen no matter who wins!!

seamroga
Senior

Post by seamroga »

Lads, if ye have a heart, it has to be Shamrocks. At least the other clubs have on at least one final before. I don't think Shamrocks have ever got enough credit for promoting both codes at senior level. Fair enough, there's a lot of houses going up in Mucklagh but for years it was mainly a rural parish and most of the players were playing senior football and hurling at the same time. We would probably have won senior titles if we concentrated on football alone. Actually, I think we've the dubious distinction of being the only parish to have played in senior hurling and football finals and not won either one yet! So neutral fans, give us all the support you can. And you'd all be welcome to The Thatch (newly renovated - a mighty spot now) or Kelly's Roadhouse on the Monday night.

doobane man
County player

Post by doobane man »

Love to see Ballycumber win it from a purely Geographical perspective.
However the best, toughest and "most likely to get Offaly out of the doldrums" football has been played by Shamrocks this year. Come on the Rahan Reds!

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I think it's safe to say that neutrals will certainly be cheering on the winner of Bally - Shamrocks either way. Both are model GAA clubs in their own right - Shamrocks keeping both codes alive in the true Offaly spirit, and Ballycumber, who are one of three clubs in that parish, manage to field three adult teams, a feat beyond the likes of Ferbane, Tullamore and Edenderry - certainly admirable also.

Shamrocks would have some chance of playing a decent game or two in Leinster, but just because I know a few lads involved, I will be rooting for Ballycumber.