Predictions for 2010

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
naasmanxrhode
All Star

Predictions for 2010

Post by naasmanxrhode »

Senior Football - Rhode will be back
Senior Hurling - KK, i think
Offaly footballers to beat Meath & Laois, anything can happen after that (meath are not a good team, got an easy passage in the qualifiers last time, Laois are S**T)
Offaly hurlers to qualify for a Leinster Final provided the are not drawn against Kilkenny before hand.
Be careful out their

leinsterman
All Star

Re: Predictions for 2010

Post by leinsterman »

naasmanxrhode wrote:Senior Football - Rhode will be back
Senior Hurling - KK, i think
Offaly footballers to beat Meath & Laois, anything can happen after that (meath are not a good team, got an easy passage in the qualifiers last time, Laois are S**T)
Offaly hurlers to qualify for a Leinster Final provided the are not drawn against Kilkenny before hand.
i think birr hurlers will be back as well (i hope)
Offaly footballers to beat meath i don't think so meath are not great as you said but they will be alot stronger than offaly
as for the hurling if we beat antrim we will have the winners of wexford galway. i think wexford will give galway all they want of it in that game
don't be surprise if wexford pull one over them. we always play well against galway anyway with a bit of luck we might make the leinster final.

corner back
All Star

Post by corner back »

football rhode
hurling coolderry surely have one more in them
leinster and all ireland hurling - kk more comfortably than this year
all ireland football - tyrone
offaly footballers to lose to meath barely but have good run in qualifiers
hurlers - don't see a leinster final but beating a clare or waterford in quallifiers very achievable and important for development; will be very interesting to see how team lines out in league which could be making/breaking of a few of them

Black Spot
Junior A

Post by Black Spot »

Football:Senior:Rhode, Intermediate:Doon, Junior:Tullamore
Hurling:Senior: kK, Intermediate:Birr, Junior:Edenderry
County Football : Depending on player attidude and winter training which I heard is going well they could beat Meath and Laois.We could all be pleasently suprised this tear.
Hurlers:Should beat Antrim but i would expect Galway or Wexford to have to much for us.

Kemo Sabe
All Star

Post by Kemo Sabe »

football .tullamore
hurling .tullamore
we will beat meath and laois and get beat by the dubs in croker .
easily beat antrim before running galway close but just losing out .
great history hoping for a better future

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

I'd expect Birr hurlers to come back with a vengeance, but the football could be a bit tougher to call - I don't think Clara's win was a flash in the pan myself.

Regarding the county teams, I'd be optimistic that the footballers would improve, however it would be possible to improve and still not beat Meath. Nonetheless it would be nice to make a good run at winning division three and take it from there. It's all about taking steps really, a competitive year and maybe finding one or two players who look at home at senior championship level would be the job.

The hurlers would be a different story - I hope things go well, but I'm not optimistic. I'd say they'll beat Antrim, but it'll go downhill from there. Looking at where Cork were in the greater scheme of things after they handed our lads their behinds on a plate last year was quite sobering.
Kevin Egan. Signed out of respect for players and all involved with Offaly.

Slieve Bloom Man
County player

Post by Slieve Bloom Man »

Senior Football - Rhode.
Senior Hurling - Kinnitty-my own club, if not, then prob Birr will still be the team to beat.
Offaly footballers to lose to Meath after a good game and a decent run in the qualifiers if draw is okay.
Offaly hurlers to beat Antrim but to lose out to Galway.Depends on qualifier draw then. Worried about Offaly hurling after last year's championship but at least division 1 of the league should help this year.