Minor Match!!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bogman
All Star

Minor Match!!

Post by Bogman »

AN CHRAOBH PEILE MIONÚIR 2005 - Quarter-Final
Portlaoise 2.30 Cork v Offaly
[E.T. if necessary]

Ron
All Star

Post by Ron »

This Saturday before the Sligo Vs Cork Qualifier. Great! another fantastic opportunity for opposition supporters to out-number us! Hopefully not! The fact that its on so early will probably make it even enough.

I expect it will be a good game of football and I hope that Offaly can find the extra gear that, by all accounts, they couldn't find last day out. Our best chance is to catch a complacent Cork team who are looking further than the quarter final.

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Ron wrote:Our best chance is to catch a complacent Cork team who are looking further than the quarter final.
I think Leix might be worse off playing a Kerry team with wounded pride.
By all accounts the Munster final was a great game of football between two strong teams, so no tangible benefit was going to accrue from us playing the losers as opposed to the winners.

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Bord na Mona man wrote: ... so no tangible benefit was going to accrue from us playing the losers as opposed to the winners.
... other than having a nice piece of silverware on the mantlepiece to show for earlier efforts.

Bord na Mona man
All Star

The Biff wrote: ... other than having a nice piece of silverware on the mantlepiece to show for earlier efforts.
It would be a sad day in Offaly GAA, if we were content with Leinster titles!

The Biff
All Star

Post by The Biff »

Bord na Mona man wrote:It would be a sad day in Offaly GAA, if we were content with Leinster titles!
Agreed. That would be the limit of the aspirations of the likes of Wastemeath. Silly me. :oops:

Bord na Mona man
All Star

The Biff wrote:Agreed. That would be the limit of the aspirations of the likes of Wastemeath. Silly me. :oops:
It must be a maroon and white thing!