Junior-B Champions!

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Archangel
All Star
Club: Ballycommon

Junior-B Champions!

Post by Archangel »

Not many here will be over-interested in this but a 27 year gap was filled by Ballycommon when they won the Junior B Final on Saturday, in O'Connor Park.
Beating Tullamore 0-8 to 0-7 in a gale force wind which prevented any decent football being played, but Ballycommon out-player & out-fought their town neighbours. The one paper that previewed the match last week gave us very little hope. Also one bookie gave odds on the match Tullamore 2/7 Ballycommon 11/4... :roll:
A Tullamore team which featured O'Reilly, Rouse, Martin, etc were supposed to have 'too much class'. :D
Blasphemy is a victimless crime

Phoenix
All Star

Re: Junior-B Champions!

Post by Phoenix »

Congratulations to Ballycommon!! Fair play to you all.

On a general topic - I don't agree with clubs parachuting in good players for a final when another team from the club winds up - it seems to me to be against the spirit of fair competition and deprives lads who got them there of a game.

bazza
All Star

Re: Junior-B Champions!

Post by bazza »

Phoenix wrote: On a general topic - I don't agree with clubs parachuting in good players for a final when another team from the club winds up - it seems to me to be against the spirit of fair competition and deprives lads who got them there of a game.
What are ya talking about? The likes of Dagg and Finnerty played virtually every match until the Hurling got very serious.