Ticket Details - SHC Relegation

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Bogman
All Star

Post by Bogman »

Keep the faith! Offaly played well yesterday and I'm not sure Offaly would have finished Antrim off as clinically in years when we weren supposedly better. The team is already very much changed in personnel and position from the Kilkenny game.

Diggy was much better at half forward than in the last few matches at midfield. Gary Hanniffy looks good with a bit more space in the midfield. Rory Hanniffy may be the answer at centre back and scored a marvellous point yesterday after a great solo run. Paul Cleary got another run as a sub.

The manager is not afraid to make switches or substitutions during the game (unlike our football manager) and he acts decisively if there are problems.

McIntyre can spend the summer looking at the club games and hopefully we'll see more young players coming in. I'd say that he'll be in a better position to manage the team next year and wwe should see some progress.

The newspapers are saying that there was a nice symmetry in Brian Whelehan finishing his inter-county career where he started it, against Antrim in Croke Park. Better result this time! A few nice reminders of his talent too - a cheeky ground stroke back to the corner for the corner back to run onto and clear, a sublime flighted pass from right corner back area to centre back area, some good sweeping up.
BOGMAN

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

i wasn't at it lads. listened to it on the wireless. never sounded in danger. i'm glad they kept at it and didn't let antrim get wind up and back into it.

not a great season for offaly but i'd imagine we have learnt from it. If we hadn't gotten tonked by kilkenny and half tonked by waterford we'd be our uncles, but it's no worse than wexford.