Minor Match yesterday.

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Sorry kids............ anyway i give up................

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

WOO HOO!! - Victory by persistence......

:D

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

:roll: whatever.......... :cry: but ill be back............. :twisted:

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

The bottom line...
Brady destroyed Wastemeath!

turk
All Star

Post by turk »

I'd have to give the nod to barracuda on this one

Bord na Mona man
All Star
Club: Clara

Post by Bord na Mona man »

Brady destroyed Wastemeath!

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Ah shucks thanks lads.
I need all the support I can get taking on that brainy shark. But to be fair to the chap he never gets personal- a friendly shark ! (even if some of his agruments are go off on a tangent.......)

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Post by Lone Shark »

Barracuda wrote:Ah shucks thanks lads.
Lads?!??!? Turk is a schizophrenic now it seems..... :D (I count BnaM man's contribution as neutral, merely re-affirming good news for all....)

Barracuda wrote:I need all the support I can get taking on that brainy shark. But to be fair to the chap he never gets personal- a friendly shark ! (even if some of his agruments are go off on a tangent.......)
Sure I'm sure if I knew your parentage I'd insult it, but what can I do seeing as I never knew anyone from the Cuda family until you came along! :D

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

All the Cuda's were great GAA people.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

Just to add my little bit, I think only the goalkkeeper,the half back line and one corner forward held their positions from the Westmeath game into the Meath game.
I'd have to go with LS in starting the same 15 that did good against Meath and having the option of bringing in Ross; he wouldn't have been running on full juice considering his lack of training due to that injury. He only started back playing ball the previous Monday - not ideal preparation for a Leinster final.
From what I hear the pre match preparations weren't up to scratch.... what with a jumpy old bus,no meal etc....whereas the Laois boys were looked after like Royalty? Maybe here the lack of knowhow/experience by the management was in evidence.......

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Hopefully the management will stay put or better still give the nod to Tom as manager. We need experienced managers - all over.

Yes the preperation was not as it could have been but lets face it lads and i know this will cause a row or two............... We have a very poor attitude at County Board level on how to be more professional.
The penny pinching is ureal- trust me i know what Im talking about here.
Yes costs must be controlled but come on you can get sponsers for anything now a days.
Its a big deal just to give any team a tee shirt. As for keeping jerseys after games- forget it. These are the little things which make a difference to underage teams.

Most of chaps at the top table at county board level need to be shafted - badly!!. Fresh blood with new ideas.

Is it true Laois minors stayed in Dublin the night before ?

True Red
All Star

Post by True Red »

any opinions on the young lad from Ballycumber/Tubber that dropped himself off the panel cos he wasnt picked on the team?

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

Kavanagh I think it was ?- My sources tells me he had a run in with the Manager- not much of a one but none the leass some kind of tiff.
He would have been a help in the middle if he was available.

Hyper
All Star

Post by Hyper »

The Laois team went up on an air-conditioned bus,had breakfast in Red cow and then a meeting in air con room,and left for Croke park at 12noon and were then ready for action whereas our boys had a mars and a pear and went all over Dublin on a humpty dumpty bus..........
If the likes of Kavanagh can't take the management decisions then there is no place for him or his ilk on the team.......

Barracuda
All Star

Post by Barracuda »

The Laois team went up on an air-conditioned bus,had breakfast in Red cow and then a meeting in air con room,and left for Croke park at 12noon and were then ready for action whereas our boys had a mars and a pear and went all over Dublin on a humpty dumpty bus..........
Confirmation as is it was needed that we are only about 200 years behind sucessful Counties and even those who are not blessed with honors.

Im not looking for excuses why we lost by the way. But if we looked after the youth better we might not lose so many along the way.............