Admission Price

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Loughers
All Star

Admission Price

Post by Loughers »

How come it was 15 euro for the terrace on Saturday and only one match on, yet it was the same price for the terrace in Carlow for 2 matches. !5 for the stand and 10 for the terrace would have been fairer.

Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Admission

Post by Lone Shark »

I'm not sure about this, but I wouldn't rule out that 20 and 15 are the prices laid down by the GAC and have to be charged. Obviously more could be charged more for double headers if necessary, but due to Waterford fans not being interested in Football and Carlow not worried about the Hurling, they probably decided not to.

My take on it is that that's great value for money if you make sure to let kids in free, or as near to that as makes no difference.

Adults can well afford 20 for a great 70 mins entertainment like that (leaving allegiance aside for the moment) but with so much free space we should be letting kids in for nothing.

I've no time for all these people who give out about how expensive the frickin All Ireland final is for themselves and their 4 children, but people should be encouraged to bring kids to games like this. Then when the AI rolls around it can be pointed out the great value that was had all year so far.

Loughers
All Star

Prices

Post by Loughers »

Totally agree re. All Ireland tickets. The prices for a soccer match or a rugby internatinal are well up there. For the Ulster final, Croke Park have 15,000 family tickets. I know they're in the Canal End, but still, great value.