Ciarán McManus

A forum to air your views on Offaly GAA matters and beyond.
Lone Shark
All Star
Club: Ferbane

Ciarán McManus

Post by Lone Shark »

I've criticised some of the man's performances before, and I stand by that. However Saturday night he did himself and the county proud. It won't be remembered as one of his dominant displays like Nowlan Park, but I was hugely impressed with his discipline, his work rate (No surprise there) and how he played his own hugely effective game within the team framework. He was fouled regularly, and he fought the instinct to take the frees, in every case putting the ball down and moving into space. He did what was best for the team at all times, and really stepped up his fielding which is not usually his strong point when it became obvious that McNamee was struggling.

He was focussed as well as passionate, and my heart really went out to him at the end when you could clearly see how distraught he was.

Just thought I'd mention that in the interests of balance.

Bogman
All Star

Storming Display by Mac!

Post by Bogman »

I have to concur with LS. Ciaran McManus gave a wonderful display in the Offaly jersey on Saturday night.

He was very disciplined and played his own part perfectly by winning ball & laying it off or drawing the foul. Ciaran took a lot of stick without reacting. Mac also walked away from the frees and left them to Niall McNamee who really looked like a free-taker for the first time.

Great credit due to Mac!! Well done!!

biffo5
Junior B

Post by biffo5 »

obviously disgusted we have been beaten by another no-hoper team. it is indeed a black day for offaly football.
however, fair play to mcmanus:- at least he proved we still have one of the best midfielders in the country. i think he has learned a few hard lessons this year. the man takes offaly football too much to heart. he should go and enjoy his summer for once.
second point KILMURRAY musy go! how he looked at the full back line being ripped apart and our ineffective forwards with little or no movement for a full game, the man is a clown and has brough offaly back another 10years.
is there any hope?

biffo5
Junior B

Post by biffo5 »

this is a terrible week for offaly, footballers out and now this minor situation,
where will it end?